Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Jobseeker's Allowance question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Some weeks ago I made a mistake of not going sign on when I should have done. Anyway, my claim was stopped and I got a rapid reclaim. A few days later I received my P45 and I haven't sent it back.......If I don't send it back does this mean I won't get any money for my JSA ?

I thought I would have received a letter about them wanting it back, but I haven't received one.

Thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You send Part 2/3 to the Job Centre. If you haven't been sent a letter telling you when you go into the job centre for an interview (as part of your rapid reclaim) then you're still not 'signed on'. You're making a new claim since they stopped your previous for not going to an appointment. So likely you won't be getting JSA.
    Yes I received the letter to make a new claim and I've been going to sign on every week since then.

When I went to sign on again, I asked if I would be receiving a letter asking me to send my P45 off, but I never received that letter..... So I have no idea what to do now
    If you've been signing on already and receiving benefits then there shouldn't be a problem. You can always take the P45 with you the next time you sign on.
    The last time I checked my balance, (well I received a bank statement through the mail), I didn't see any money been put in.

I've just posted a letter and the forms off to Hull Benefit Centre since that is the address which is on the forms.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks
    Just an update. Money is being payed into my account, even though I sent the P45 off 1 day before........at least they have the forms anyway.