Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Friend appears to be ignoring me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been mates with this guy for like a good few months and we became really good mates really quickly. We used to talk on line all the time, sometimes every day. We went to places when we could and we met up during the day a few times. Recently he seems to have become really distant. I haven't actually seen him for like the past two months and I've spoken to him on line a couple of times since then but now it seems like he's trying to cut me off or something. He is now ignoring my messages and when I try and ask him if he's ignoring me he acts like there is nothing wrong and he even tries to sort of accuse me of pushing him for an answer. I'm not sure how to handle the situation. This happened a while ago but after three weeks of not speaking at all, we ended up being mates again. I don't think I've offended him in anyway but I just don't know. I just have no idea what's going on.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    [FONT=Asap, sans-serif]Hi SequinLover,

Welcome to the boards and thanks for sharing what been going on for you :wave:

It seems like this has really upset you - not knowing is so hard! It's a tricky one because even though you met him a few times, it seems like most of this friendship has been online, which can be hard to sense the tone of the person when they are replying. Can you pinpoint anything that could've happened, in his life for eg, for him to shut down? It seem really unfair on you to simply cut you off and act distant with no explanation.

Well done for asking him what was wrong though, it couldn't have been easy. Have a look at our article on confronting a friend.
    Perhaps the best thing to do is give him some space and focus on your other friendships? The important thing to try remember is not to blame yourself - his behaviour is down to him and doesn't mean you did something wrong!

Do let us know how you get on *hug*
    [/FONT]

• Options
    SarahRSarahR Posts: 213 Trailblazer
    Hi SequinLover,

Just checking in to see how things are going with you. Has your friend been any more responsive? Let us know :)

SaraahR