Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Location request

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yo,

Saw this ( http://s2.postimg.org/cznlcmond/Capture.png ) come up for the first time since I've been using TS - has anything changed? :) No problem as such, just curious!

Comments

  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I got the same thing. Not any help, thought I'd share it :P
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Saaaame! Now I've got a weird symbol because I pressed block.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I can see it. :) Though attachments have been temperamental on here before!
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Crikey bob, the joys of change, eh!? We'll have several mistakes till it fully gets up and running!! :heart: - Haha, both our user posts have 1, 0, 5, 0 in them xxD Well, excluding this post :P
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    I've not seen this, and apart from the services locator thing (which isn't on the forums) I see no need to get our locations?
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey guys,

    I believe TS wants to know where you're located because people outside of the UK see a slightly different version than people in the UK.
    If you're outside the UK, you may see the odd advert. But if you're in the UK, it's always advert-free :)

    Hope that makes sense!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    James wrote: »
    Hey guys,

    I believe TS wants to know where you're located because people outside of the UK see a slightly different version than people in the UK.
    If you're outside the UK, you may see the odd advert. But if you're in the UK, it's always advert-free :)

    Hope that makes sense!

    Aah, makes sense. Cheers James. :)

    I wanted to ask this for a while actually but you just reminded me... How come TS doesn't show adverts in the UK? I wouldn't be against it if the revenue helped you folks out. I actually disabled my AdBlocker for a few websites recently and this was one of them; I wanted to make sure I wasn't making y'all lose money. ;)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Petrichor wrote: »
    I wanted to ask this for a while actually but you just reminded me... How come TS doesn't show adverts in the UK? I wouldn't be against it if the revenue helped you folks out. I actually disabled my AdBlocker for a few websites recently and this was one of them; I wanted to make sure I wasn't making y'all lose money. ;)

    N'aww, you're a proper cutie aren't ya!?
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Haha, well thanks Mike ;)

    As a UK charity, we don't think it would be right for us to show ads to people based in the UK. I guess we feel that the quality of service we offer is higher when it's ad-free. For example, would you guys trust us as much if it looked like we were trying to sell you stuff?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    James wrote: »
    Haha, well thanks Mike ;)

    As a UK charity, we don't think it would be right for us to show ads to people based in the UK. I guess we feel that the quality of service we offer is higher when it's ad-free. For example, would you guys trust us as much if it looked like we were trying to sell you stuff?

    Makes sense, actually. You could write a disclaimer saying you're just advertising them because they're paying you. ;) But no, makes sense. Though, unless you pushed their products on the forum and in chats, I still wouldn't be against it. Anyway, thanks for the info! :)
Sign In or Register to comment.