Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Editing Old Posts

apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
Hi,

I'm just wondering is there any way to edit a old post (from a few days ago)?

I just re-read what I said and I don't want it to be misinterpreted so I just wanted to slightly change something.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No - I think the general rule is that you only have half an hour after posting to edit. I'm not sure if that has changed since the upgrade but I'm pretty sure a few days later is far too late to edit. It would be best to just post again and explain what you meant. Hope everything is okay :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply butterfly!
    Aww :( ....... It's not something I want to draw attention too(it's just one word in a big paragraph ) , it's just I don't want people getting the wrong impression. But it's bothering me now I've noticed it!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's your choice whether you explain or not - if you think it's going to help by explaining then perhaps that's what's best because your feelings are the most important in this.

Alternatively, IF someone comments on whatever you feel you've said wrong, then you could just pick up on it then? Either way, it's your choice and you need to do what you feel is best for you *hug*
  • Options
    Yeah, your right butterfly. I know it's not something someone will comment on, just one of those things that's probably not a big deal but it's just me being picky lol :)
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Just dropping in to say butterfly's spot on. After posting something, you have half an hour to edit it :)

If you really want something changed after that, you can report your post and explain what you'd like changed. But as butterfly suggested, it's generally best to post again or address it if someone brings it up :)
  • Options
    Thanks for clarifying James :)