Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

​NEW CHAT OFFERING! Women only chat every other Tuesday

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey :wave:

As of next week (Tuesday 7th July) Tuesday night chats will be a chance to talk in a female or male only space. Two chats will run side by side – one for the men and one for the ladies at the normal time 8-9.30pm.

Think of it like those nights at the swimming pool where only women can swim or it’s lane swimming and then the rest of the time everyone is in the pool together! ;)

Attachment not found.

The rest of the chat schedule is staying the same but if you think you could benefit from coming to a female only space then this chat is for you. It may be that you have a question or issue that feels easier to ask when there aren’t any guys in the room :chin:

Let’s also just be clear this isn’t an anti-men chat and of course the usual chat guidelines will apply ;)

There is something really empowering about women supporting other women I think and we’re really excited to get this off the ground :yes:

Right now we don’t have loads of guys in the community but we’re working on developing more services and content for them so over time we’re likely to see more men signing up. If you’re a guy reading this please do check out the new men only chat every other Tuesday from next week!

Any questions let us know :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The question is though.. will they be modded by the same gender as the chat?;o
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Charlee wrote: »
    The question is though.. will they be modded by the same gender as the chat?;o

That's the plan, yep :)

We're going to aim for female mods in Women only Chat and male mods in Men only chat
    So this is like a support chat basically, but for example you could talk about periods whereas in front of men, that might be a bit cringe? As a random example :p
  • AndyAndy Deactivated Posts: 185 Helping Hand
    Hey butterfly,

Exactly! That's a good example. We want to recognise the strength of men and women only spaces, where you might be more comfortable to talk about things like periods or whatever you want. :)
    I don't imagine the male chat would be very busy :P Poor james will be chatting on his Billy!
    Does this mean I can stamp around in my size 5s and shout "RIOT GRRL REVOLUTION NOOOOW!" or something along those lines for an hour and a half each week?