Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Tweaker tweaker

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been doing drugs since I was 18. I am 25 now. I've seen a lot and done a lot. Nothing much suprises me anymore. I enjoy getting high. I have smoked, snorted and injected. Smoking is my favorite. I recently injected and it made me so emotional I've decided that's not for me. Anyone else get extra emotional when injecting?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey llyech0_4ever :wave:

Welcome to TheSite community, it's good to have you here.

Sounds like you've made a good decision based on your body's instincts. If it doesn't feel right then it probably isn't right for you. I can see you're looking for personal experiences but I wanted to drop in and reply from TheSite's perspective too ;)

I wonder, when you imagined your late teens and early twenties, what did you think they might be like?

You say you enjoy getting high, that nothing surprises you any more - if you want to, it would be interesting to hear a bit more about that, what do you enjoy about getting high for example?

It's also worth pointing out that by avoiding injecting you're also avoiding quite a few other pitfalls.. tolerance levels vary from person to person and there's a higher risk of overdose when injecting due to how much the purity varies of what you're injecting. As a result it can be very hard to know what dose you're giving yourself.

I'm not trying to scaremonger here but it wouldn't feel right not to mention this as when you said you had tried injecting I felt concern for you.

There can also be a higher risk of infection and physical damage from repeated injection in the same sites so whilst it may be a method you've been interested to try, you may well be doing your body a big favour by listening to your instinct on this one (this article has some more info).

Take it easy,
    Jo