Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

A part-time relationship with someone who doesn't have time for a full one

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Adam0 wrote: »
    When I became a member here, I was expecting that at least one of the people posting here would be a highly successful seducer with a well-practised technique that he would share. Yet again, I'm disappointed. I guess I should have realised that such a person would be out getting laid, not posting on a forum. Virtually all the members here would have arrived in order to find help in order to try to solve their own problems. Successful people with fulfilling lives would be very unlikely to come here in the first place. People who became successful after joining would no longer (need to) be here.

The majority of people on this post are getting sex, or have at least had sex, we're trying to help you change your mindset because as long as you view woman as they're just bodies attached to vaginas you're not going to get laid despite how much you want to. You need to understand that woman are people with feelings too. You seem to oblivious to the fact that we're actually right and they we are genuinely trying to help. If you're not getting the answers you're looking for, maybe you should try looking elsewhere, because clearly in your eyes we have no idea what we're talking about.
  • Options
    Petrichor wrote: »
    Even if someone did have a well practiced technique and they shared it with you, it wouldn't work. Because you would not be that person and you wouldn't be having sex with the same people. It isn't transferable. People are different (yes, even all women are different). It's like you're on a quest to find Bigfoot or The Gruffalo.

How about if I copy such a person and his technique so well that I appear to have the same personality and mindset as him? On top of that, if I go to the same places that he goes to, on the same days of the week? Then I'll be a similar type of person to him, going to the same venues and meeting the same type of girls as him.

I'm on a quest to get sex, something which the vast majority of people accomplish in their teens.
  • Options
    Hiccup wrote: »
    as long as you view woman as they're just bodies attached to vaginas you're not going to get laid despite how much you want to. You need to understand that woman are people with feelings too.

My former colleague viewed women merely as vaginas; he frequently referred to them as "pussy". He often talked about "getting pussy", in earshot of our female colleagues. He never cared about anyone but himself. I worked with him for a year, during all of which time he was single and having a lot of casual sex. He was, in his own words, "a fanny magnet". All the girls in the office thought he was wonderful, even after he humped and dumped them. He had no empathy. If caring about girls' feelings is an essential part of getting sex, how did he manage to be so sexually successful? According to your claim, and that of several other people on here, he'd be a virgin.

I've long understood that everyone has feelings, but why can't they be of sexual desire, rather than a demand to be wined and dined at top restaurants and bought gold and diamond jewellery?

There's no way that one-night stands think that the other person loves them and cares for them deeply. Therefore it can't be necessary for the participants to believe that in order to have sex.
  • Options
    Firstly, your colleague is full of shit. He's a liar. Anyone who brags so much about "getting pussy" is probably sitting at home beating off.

Secondly, nobody is saying you have to be madly in love to have a one-night stand, but you have to have some sort of connection. You don't have to "care" about them, but you need to at least pretend to be interested in them and make them interested in you. You can have a "good" personality or a "bad personality", the issue is that connection, even if you don't give a shit about them.

There are no rules on how to do this, and anyone who claims there are rules is a liar. Pick-Up Artists are full of shit.
    I guess I should have realised that such a person would be out getting laid, not posting on a forum. Virtually all the members here would have arrived in order to find help in order to try to solve their own problems. Successful people with fulfilling lives would be very unlikely to come here in the first place. People who became successful after joining would no longer (need to) be here.

If you don't like what we are saying, the door is over there. Make sure it doesn't hit you in the face on the way out.

We're getting laid and you're not. We've got successful sexual relationships and you haven't. You can either listen to what we're saying, or you can continue arguing that we're wrong. Your choice. We're getting laid and you're not, so it makes no difference to us what you choose.

We're trying to help by explaining why the rules you search for don't exist, and why trying to apply rules doesn't work. If you don't believe us, or think we're all sad-sack loners who've never had sex, then piss off to a Pick-Up Artist forum and don't come back.
  • Options
    Firstly, your colleague is full of shit. He's a liar. Anyone who brags so much about "getting pussy" is probably sitting at home beating off.

I saw him being sexually successful, including an instance in which I walked in on him having sex with the new girl in the stationery cupboard. He has children.
  • Options
    Secondly, nobody is saying you have to be madly in love to have a one-night stand, but you have to have some sort of connection. You don't have to "care" about them, but you need to at least pretend to be interested in them and make them interested in you. You can have a "good" personality or a "bad personality", the issue is that connection, even if you don't give a shit about them.

I have no idea how to make that 'connection'. I have no idea how to make anyone interested in me in a positive way. If (as you and a few others on here have said) there are no rules or techniques to follow and no way of learning this, then I can't see a way forward for myself in regard to becoming sexually successful.
  • Options
    You don't need rules to learn it. I know it might not seem like that, because you see the world in such black-and-white terms, but it is true. There are no rules.

Perhaps talk to support services for autistic people to see how you can develop your social skills.
  • Options
    Perhaps talk to support services for autistic people to see how you can develop your social skills.

I have; I'm waiting to start a course for that. I strongly doubt that chatting up and seducing will be mentioned or shown, despite the fact that autistic people need to learn those skills.
  • Options

I have; I'm waiting to start a course for that. I strongly doubt that chatting up and seducing will be mentioned or shown, despite the fact that autistic people need to learn those skills.

No, they don't. Learn to walk before you can run; basic social skills need to come first. How to talk to people and come across as likable and sociable - it's a skill that we all learn during our lives and one you need to work on before anything else. Forget these mythical seduction techniques and pick up lines until you can talk to people effectively in a casual setting.
  • Options
    You clearly have other issues that need to be sorted first.
  • Options
    The problem is your being so eager to have sex straight away before you even think about taking things into consideration.

Your thinking about sex too much and that's why you can't seem to get anyone because the way your acting. You say why don't know one want me and its proberly because of wanting sex.

You don't have to wine and dine or buy presents but as said before you need to get to know them first which your still not doing what people have said.

Once you have practiced that then girls will start noticing you and everything about you. You need to be ok in yourself before anything else happens.

Im not saying as I said before that you should have someone to go along with you but its only so someone can be there to support you. Also I dont think anyone will think your weriod going on your own, I'm sure there's other guys what does.

What about family or any other friends??

You need to stand out from the rest so practicing before hand is a good idea. Again as I said before looking smart, being interested in what they got to say, telling them about you and listening is what you need to do.

Have you looked on the website www.autismuk.org.uk??

I hope that helps x
  • Options

No, they don't. Learn to walk before you can run; basic social skills need to come first. How to talk to people and come across as likable and sociable - it's a skill that we all learn during our lives and one you need to work on before anything else. Forget these mythical seduction techniques and pick up lines until you can talk to people effectively in a casual setting.

If I complete the social skills course (which I don't think will enable me, an outcast, to become likeable), where do I go afterwards to gain charm etc., which is needed for me to be allowed to have sex?
  • Options
    You need to be able to interact with someone before you can do anything else as everyone has said. You need to do that.

It is taking it one step at a time. You have to practice before anything else comes along and its important.

There's no easier way and once you have done this then hopefully you can start talking to girls more and knowing what they want.

Again you don't have to wine and dine them. You have to just show interest that's all.

Its good that once you learn from someone else about how to interact with others then you can it after.

You have to stand out from everyone else from looking smart, getting to know them, telling them about you and listening to them.

Keep going round in circles. You will hear the same thing x
  • Options

If I complete the social skills course (which I don't think will enable me, an outcast, to become likeable), where do I go afterwards to gain charm etc., which is needed for me to be allowed to have sex?

No, it is not needed. You do not go anywhere to learn how to pull people. You need to show interest, have a good time, be yourself. BUT as stated, forget this for the minute. Work on your other issues first.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    You clearly have other issues that need to be sorted first.

What specific issues are you saying that I need to sort out first? Are you saying that they need solving before I go on the autism course?
  • Options

Dunno about anyone else, but for me personally, sex is something that comes into a relationship rather than being based around a relationship.
  • Options
    CrazyCat wrote: »
    Im not saying as I said before that you should have someone to go along with you but its only so someone can be there to support you. Also I dont think anyone will think your weriod going on your own, I'm sure there's other guys what does.

What about family or any other friends??

You need to stand out from the rest so practicing before hand is a good idea. Again as I said before looking smart, being interested in what they got to say, telling them about you and listening is what you need to do.

Have you looked on the website www.autismuk.org.uk??

I hope that helps x

I've been explicitly told that it's socially unacceptable for a man to go out alone in the evenings and that he has no chance of being sexually successful doing so - unless he looks like Brad Pitt.

I don't have anyone in my life who's willing to support me in any way. I don't have any friends; my family don't care about me in the slightest. If I die today, I won't be missed and my death won't be noticed until the smell of my decomposing corpse alerts a neighbour.

I don't know how to stand out from the rest in a good way.

I've tried asking people about themselves; I've been told to mind my own business. Whenever I've talked about myself, I never receive a good response.

I've looked on the Autism UK website; I've not found anything that I can use to help me to become sexually successful.
  • Options
    No, it is not needed. You do not go anywhere to learn how to pull people. You need to show interest, have a good time, be yourself. BUT as stated, forget this for the minute. Work on your other issues first.

How do I pull/score/get laid? I've tried on many occasions showing interest, being myself and trying to have a good time - it's never got me a peck on the cheek, let alone sex.

Which specific issues do you think I need to work on first? Will the social skills course for autistic people do this, or do I need to do tackle these issues you refer to before, after or alongside the course?
  • Options
    How do I pull/score/get laid? I've tried on many occasions showing interest, being myself and trying to have a good time - it's never got me a peck on the cheek, let alone sex.

Which specific issues do you think I need to work on first? Will the social skills course for autistic people do this, or do I need to do tackle these issues you refer to before, after or alongside the course?

You've been given the answer to that question an ungodly amount of times.

I'm not sure exactly what issues, but you just need to work on your general communication skills. Nothing fancy, just talking to people/maybe meeting people/making friends. See what the course has to offer first, I can't tell you what's in it because I have no idea.
  • Options
    I'm not sure exactly what issues, but you just need to work on your general communication skills. Nothing fancy, just talking to people/maybe meeting people/making friends.

I've tried to make friends. The only people who showed interest in me were sadists or exploiters who could readily see that I was vulnerable and pretended to befriend me as a predation strategy.