Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Lost.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anxiety attack. Racing thoughts, feeling unsafe. I don't even know what I'm doing now. I just feel so alone and I don't want to.

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey, firstly welcome to TheSite.

It sounds like your going through a difficult time, wanna chat more about the thoughts?
    Does anything normally help distract you when your feeling this way?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello Minion,

Warm welcomes to TheSite.org message boards :wave: - I'm glad to see you've taken the first few steps by reaching out for support on here. Things sound rather overwhelming at the moment, would you be able to tell us a bit more about what's been going on/is going on for you?

Anxiety attacks can be difficult to cope with in the moment, as were not thinking logically, etc. What helps when you're struggling with an anxiety attack? Finding the triggers to what might cause the anxiety attack can also help towards reducing them. Often, they seem like there out of the blue, but it's then about incorporating coping mechanisms to help you, for example, counting to ten, taking deep steady breaths, and reassure yourself, it's going to be okay, you can't die from a panic attack, but they can make you feel warm and light headed. TheSite.org have an article that might be worth reading on Panic attacks, including a step by step guide of dealing with panic attacks. If you haven't yet read them.

You also mentioned you were feeling unsafe, and had racing thoughts. TheSite.org isn't for immediate crisis support, and by the looks of things, you were posting quite late on at night, did you manage to get some sleep in the end? - Often having a listening ear in those moments can help ease those thoughts, have you ever called a support helpline, like Samaritans? Or even taking yourself to A&E to be seen by crisis intervention team. There are also some alternative helplines you could try calling when you are feeling down that can be found on this page.

But remember, throughout this, you are not alone, were here for you, and do keep us updated on how things are going, and how you're getting on.

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart