Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

really really playing hell with my Doctors!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been pissed off with my gp.

I got given this new tablets, they have made me soo poorly (this was a few weeks ago) i had to phone nhs the same evening, told them that I took them and made me really ill. Basically I was being sick, other symptoms, I couldn't get out off bed I was that ill. The nhs told me to stop taking them and phone my gp. (this was Friday night) I phoned them on monday and i told them and advised me not to have no more so I not and made me a appointment for Tuesday even my doctor told me not to take no more. When i went for my appointment last week they questioned me about my depression tablet am i still taking them i said no and they ask y. So I've told them that u lot told me not to take them. They claiming they not told me to not to take them. When they full well did and told me that "they not risking giving me anymore just incase i end up very ill again" so they lieing to me (they didn't say it)

Phoned the doctors last week and I've told them that iam not coping at all being off this tablets and making me feel so bad I want to kill myself. They ask me to wait till I spoken to the trearge doctor and they told them to tell me that I had to wait till I had appointment till Thursday, they didn't give me no advice what's so ever. The repesist so snooty with me it was unreal. I've told them if I end up doing something bad they be blamed for not doing nothing for me. The last few days I started having this problem for a few days when I keep having accordant they ask me to send a example of which I did on Thursday last week. Phoned them up today and ask for my result they said it was normal. (my doctor said if that i not a water infection then I've have go for more tests. I ask to speak to a gp and they wouldn't allow me to speak to me there excuse was I can wait till Thursday (as I had appointment on that day) no advice or nothing they keep rejecting me several times now. They telling me that its not ergent my problems and other people need them more then me.

Just had enough getting treated like this everytime I phone the gp up :(
I don't derive to be lied to and have to suffer till my appointment. Plus they cancelled my appointment on Thursday no as well don't know y they've done that's.

I've phone nhs England and reported them they got the doctors to phone me Las week. I've reported the gp again to the nhs.

What can I do

Comments

• plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Hey angel, have you thought about changing your doctors surgery to a different one nearby? If you are having so many communication issues it might be worth it.

I know the experience hasn't been great, and unfortunately a lot of people have trouble with receptionists. When you call for an appointment with a doctor, you aren't obliged to tell the receptionist why you need that appointment, so you could say that it's a private matter you'd rather not disclose to the receptionist.

I hope things improve soon!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you're feeling that low I suggest you find out the number for your local crisis team and contact them if you're getting no help from your GP