Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Had unprocted oral sex, how worried should I be?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So me and my friend (both males) had oral sex (giving and receiving) and kissing yesterday, we were just exploring aspect of our sexuality. He has been sexual active before but I haven't this was my first time doing anything sexual and he's reassured me that he's STD free and I have no reason not to trust him.

I just wanted people's opinion on whether or not you think I should get tested or if I should be worried, I really don't want my parent's finding out etc etc and I do understand the risks of unprotected oral sex. Plus Googling doesn't help one bit.

Just so you know we are both the legal age and everything was done under consent! The experienced helped me understand my sexuality better :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you trust your friend to be telling the truth then it's unlikely you'll have caught anything, but to be on the safe side you can always go to the GP and get yourself checked. Once you know that you're both free of anything then you're pretty much safe in the knowledge you won't have caught an STD from him and will unlikely receive one from him (assuming of course he doesn't have unprotected sex with other people). If this is to be a continuous thing then it's best to ensure you both get regular check ups- particularly if you and your friend are going to be having more than one sexual partner. Obviously practising some common sense also helps (maintaining good sgenital hygeine, not giving or receiving oral sex if one of you has an open sore etc) but I'm sure you'll both be fine to continue exploring both your sexualities.
    Is there anywhere I can get a quick check up without needing my parents involved etc. I've heard about GUM clinic but haven't had a lot of info about them
    Your GP is always a good place to start, there's no need for your parents to be involved in doctors appointments and everything shared there is completely confidential. Also you can have a look for local sexual health clinics in your area. Only takes a quick google search. :)
    Thanks, I'll look into going sometime next week. I think the only reason I'm so paranoid about it because when I'm nervous I bit my lips and I'm worried that there may have been a little wound though I don't remember hurting or seeing it. Can't be too careful!
    56 Dean Street near SOHO is a great place for free checks, I think its just for gay/bi-sexual people. Worth remembering.
    Hey localboy,

It's always good to get a STI check up when in doubt, you may trust your friend but if getting the check up reassure you then go ahead. It's worth going on http://www.brook.org.uk/find-a-service where you can find a Brook clinic close to you to get your check up done. Also go on the NHS website where you can locate local GUM clinics and find out more information about how you may get infected.
    From my knowledge, many clinics do drop in services specifically for Gay/Bisexuals, giving you a priority and you may not have such a long wait. Others have mentioned the GP, who will also keep things confidential if you don't want your parents to know :)
    Hi there,

Firstly, it's good that you're aware of keeping a check on your sexual health. Although your friend reassured you he had nothing, it's always best to be on the safe side so definitely go ahead and get yourself checked out. As the other posters have said, you'll be able to locate your nearest sexual health clinic through a quick Google search. You could start with your GP, but some people prefer to go straight to a sexual health clinic because they feel more anonymous and at ease, as they know the staff there are seeing people all day everyday about issues relating to sexual health.

Whoever you choose to see, make sure you ask them for free condoms - a lot of sexual health clinics provide them but this isn't always the case with GPs.

Row