Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

New bitch boss

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi so our new boss started Monday..she taking our not so important job too seriously. I tried pointing it out in a message nicely but she just had a meeting with us all to say; basically there is too much back biting and mean comments. But she didn't tell us what she meant by it. And ever since she started everyone is miserable it's like we can't talk anymore everyone keeps their head down ..I don't want to quit my job cause it's do hard to find jobs and I don't want to be stuck at home please help

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi there, I'm sorry to hear that. It's never nice to feel comfortable in an environment u once did and is difficult when someone knew comes along and starts changing things when everyone was happy before.

There maybe time for u and the team to get to know her a bit more. First impressions I know are important and that determines wether u like this person straight away or not but I do think there'a room for people to grow.

Could u introduce herself to the team one day? This could be when some people are on there break and she's in the same room aswell and u go about one by going out ur way selecting one person at a time to say hi to her and hope she likes it here and get everyone to say something. That way it's not uncomfortable and she will feel a bit more happy and accepted. What do u think? Could making a cake to say welcome to the company be a good idea?

Also there's nothing wrong in having enthusiam and fun at work. That's a good thing to show whilst ur in the public eye only try and get on with ur work at times its busy so when she's there checking on everything she knows that ur working hard and are committed to the job. Maybe starting to do this all the time will hopefully back off a bit when she's not needed as u all getting on well. You never know she could start joining in with everyone and conversations. Still early days for her to settle in but if everyone goes about doing there bit then I don't see what would be wrong.

Have u also thought about coming up with ideas when it comes to the next team meeting? You could write down some ideas and put it forward to the group. Ask everyone what they think for example having only 10 minuites break then 15 minuites. You should put urself forward and become more assertive to show that work is important for the customers and the business. The boss will start seeing that in u and can only condon u.

I hope that helps and remember it will get easier x