Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ESA rapid reclaim?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm hoping to move in with MrRiot in July which will mean I lose my ESA due to his earnings, but he's just been offered a job which is on a 3 month contract (yet to know what might happen after that). I really want him to go for it because it's a step in the right direction career wise for him. But could we reclaim ESA if he is made out of a job at the end of the 3 months? I don't think we could get JSA because I'm not able to look for work. Anyone know? I'm trying to get a CAB appointment because I can't find any clear info online but there's a 2 week wait and he needs to let them know about the job within a week.

Comments

• Options
    You don't need to close your claim. You can do a credits only claim for those 3 months.
  • Options
    Either that or he stays put in his place until the contract runs out and then we see what happens next...Its not just me he needs to worry about he's got his little one and his ex needs the maintainence because she's not working.