Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How safe is oral sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I have several women who are wanting to have sex with me. I was wondering how safe it is to give oral sex to a woman without catching an std or worse still, HIV. How safe is it for my mouth and nose to come in contact with vaginal fluids? How safe is woman giving me a blowjob? Also would people recommend that anal sex with a condom is safe? Also if a woman says she is safe and seems to be a sensible woman should i take her word for it? I really want to have sex with them but am worried sick about getting something. Ive looked everywhere but cant find a clear answer to these questions.

Many thanks

Jamie

Comments

• Options
    There's an increased risk of catching something if you have open sores. If you're worried, you can use a dental dam, and wear a condom when she gives you oral. Anal sex with a condom is considered safe, as long as it's put on properly and there's no tares or air holes, use water based lubricants, anything else can damage the condoms.

If it's a sexual fling kind of deal and not long-term it might seem inappropriate to ask her to have STD checks but you can always ask.

The NHS website has some good info http://www.nhs.uk/livewell/stis/pages/sexualactivitiesandrisk.aspx, same with TheSite.
  • Options
    Hi Jamie7419,

JavaKrypt's link from NHS is really useful here. It's really good you want to be aware of being protected and all the risks - this way you are able to practice all that you want in a safe and aware manner :yes:

Any more questions/worries you're unsure about, speaking to your GP can help and everything will be confidential. Do keep posting here when needed though *hug*
  • Options
    Hi Jamie,

Thanks for getting in touch. As Christele has pointed out, it's great that you're aware of practicing safe sex - you're asking lots of sensible questions which is good. If you don't know the woman very well, it's best not to just take her word for it when it comes to her sexual health. Do use condoms for oral, vaginal and anal sex and if you're worried about giving her oral sex then follow JavaKrypt's suggestion of using a dental dam. If you're not sure what a dental dam is, this helpful article on a The Site.org provides lots of useful information on what they are, how to use them and where you can get them from.

Visiting your GP or local sexual health clinic will also be a wise idea, as they will be able to provide further advice on safe sex, as well as free condoms.

Hope this helps and get in touch if you have any more queries.
  • Options
    Hi, Jamie

Lots of sensible stuff here, so by all means start with your GP and go from there.

I have had oral sex with my partner for the last 10 years or so and it is a wonderful and rich part of our sex life. We especially like 69, going down in each other at the same time, but there are many other variations as well. Enjoy and stay safe!

Loki