Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Train splitting...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm going to Leeds on the 4th, and the train is pretty expensive even with a railcard, So i found a website which gets trains a lot cheaper http://trainsplit.com/ however it looks really confusing, Anyone ever split a train ticket before?

Or would it be easier if i just paid a bit extra and used thetrainline?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Do you mean the website is confusing to use or it's confusing to travel with split tickets?
    The traveling bit,
    It says that traveling with split tickets is a bit more complicated, and how you have to make sure the train goes through certain stations ect.
    Emmalee wrote: »
    The traveling bit,
    It says that traveling with split tickets is a bit more complicated, and how you have to make sure the train goes through certain stations ect.

Essentially, the place where you split has to be a stop. So say if you bought a ticket from Emmyland to Ninaland, and then from Ninaland to Leeds, then the train you got on would have to stop in Ninaland.

I think it depends how much the difference is, if it's massive it's probably worth persevering with splitting it, if it's only a few pounds then probably not.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Without knowing where you are travelling from its hard to say whether it'll be worth it. Generally as long as the train stops where the split takes place it is fine. That said, Advance flows and other promotional fares can be cheaper often.
    From worcester to Leeds,

Trainline is £51 with disabled railcard
    Trainspit is £225
    No idea where you are getting £225 from! With a disabled railcard the cheapest is £40.20 for an off peak return which means travelling via Derby and splitting the ticket there, which is the most direct route, changing trains at Birmingham New Street. All trains from Birmingham to Leeds stop at Derby (exception of some Sundays).
    Sorry I meant £25!

yeah i got it where on the way there it changes at birmingham and derby, and on the way back derby, birmingham and smetwich galton bridge.
    The £25 will be an advance fare which you have to prebook and stick to the trains you've reserved for.