Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Being honest

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys,

I'm not sure how much detail I want to go into but for now, as a general enquiry, is it always worth the risk of being too honest with someone before you know what may or may not happen in terms of other people getting involved? I suppose I'm just wondering how you'd know whether to be entirely honest with a friend about a decision you've made that they might not like if you don't know whether this decision is actually going to be in your favour. Is it worth the risk of potentially destroying whatever positive there may be left?

Comments

• Options
    GregGreg Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    Hi Butterfly,

It's really good that you care so much about your friend and about your friends opinion on the decision that you made. From what I understand, you made a decision that your friend probably won't like and you aren't sure if your friend will be angry or not. Correct me if I'm wrong though because itt is a little tricky trying to answer that question with the lack of details in this situation. Are you willing to give a little more detail so we can get a better sense of what is going on?