Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

My Sister Needs Rehab

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need an advice for my sister. So it took us a long time to convinced my sister to quit on drugs, but quitting by herself isn't working because she keeps on relapsing. So we're planning to send her in rehab. I've been up all night reading drug rehab centers information, there's a lot of therapeutic facilities can be found in California and I'm not sure which one is better. Perhaps, do you know a tried and tested rehab? Support is the only thing I could give to my sister. Please help me.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi HMatt! I'm glad to know you are there to support your sister.. I did the same way in helping my cousin to recover, at the end, I realized that finding a rehab is not an easy thing to do. My cousin went to Addiction Treatment Care Center, I know you can find information regarding their offered programs online. I hope this has helped you in your search. Always make your sister feel that she is not alone. That's the best advice I can give you.
  • GregGreg Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    Hi HMatt68,

I'm sorry what you are going through with your sister. It sounds like you're a great brother who cares a lot about your sister. It's worth knowing that TheSite is a UK-based website so we might not be able to help you find a rehab center in California.

I noticed that you posted this a couple of weeks ago, how are you and your sister doing?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    @TryHart I'm gonna check that one later, thank you for sharing.

@Greg As of now, since we haven't seen a good rehab center for my sister, my parents decide to do an intervention, which I find a little bit helpful for my sister. But I think she still need a professional help.

Thank you for taking the time to respond guys, I really do appreciate it.