Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Happy rediscoveries - art!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I decided to force myself to do some art and it has made me realise that it really is so easy to forget how therapeutic and satisfying blending colours can be and also why I freakin' fell in love with art way back when. 'tis weird because I'm like this every time I start to draw/paint/colour but then it's a non-existent feeling for as long as I stop.

I thought I'd see if there's anything you guys have ever rediscovered at some point recently? It could be anything! :)

Comments

• Options
    Great to hear you've rediscovered your love for art! I'm going to pop this over into the Creative forum :)
  • Options
    Thanks Jojo :)

Guys, do you have any tips on keeping motivated? I'm currently still on first page of the animal kingdom book but I'm at the point now where I'm like 'what colours can I use that are different?' and 'what can I do apart from this or that?' Also, this page is taking aaaages because I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to art so I'm starting to become rather impatient! It's crayons too which hasn't ever really been my preference.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Thanks Jojo :)

Guys, do you have any tips on keeping motivated? I'm currently still on first page of the animal kingdom book but I'm at the point now where I'm like 'what colours can I use that are different?' and 'what can I do apart from this or that?' Also, this page is taking aaaages because I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to art so I'm starting to become rather impatient! It's crayons too which hasn't ever really been my preference.

We need to sit on Skype together and just colour away, I can be your motivation!! Or you could take it in breaks, rather than doing it all in one go, it's meant to be relaxing, and bare in mind, their are only really so many colours you can use, so you might need to use them a few times, just increase and decrease the tone of the colours if you're using pencil!! Can we see the page you're doing?! #ShareYourWorkGurl
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm changing tone etc. of the colours and I'm taking regular breaks when I feel myself getting wound up. We do need to Skype colour together though - keep nagging me to ask my brother about camera? No :p maybe when it's finished, depending on whether I'm happy with it or not. I could totes just show you on skype though.
  • Options
    I think taking the perfectionism out of it is half of the point of doing it for relaxation! If its just expression then just roll with it and let it take its own shape.