Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Should I be worried?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Soooo... This might sound weird.. Or it might be a little bit stupid. Tbh I may just be stupid idk.

I can't concentrate when I'm in class when I am taking notes on paper.
The way that i've discovered on how to take notes better is through using a laptop, because I can look away from the laptop and type and listen to the teacher.
It's weird and hard to describe but when I am using paper.. I can't like multi-task by writing as I'm listening if that makes sense?

Anyway, i have a problem. My school is stopping laptops from going out of the 6th form area to lessons. So therefore I cannot use a laptop in lessons.. I don't want to take my home laptop to school because it's not safe around where I live to walk to school with a laptop in your bag... And I've tried talking to my 6th form head to see if I can and she's said no.. Only if I had like a proper written notice of some form of learning disability.
It's shit.

I'm sort of panicking because I know I will get behind with writing notes now..and I'll start to struggle :(

Could I have some form of problem? Idk..

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Charlee

I hope it's helped to start this thread. :heart:

It sounds like things are difficult for you at the minute. Firstly it's good that you recognise what you struggle with and know the things that help you, i.e. using your laptop.

Your not stupid. I fully understand when I was doing my courses at college I found it hard to concentrate and write notes at the same time. It doesn't make you stupid it's just something that you struggle with.

I know you said your teacher can't do anything to help, but does your school have a special educational needs person who you could maybe contact to ask for some extra support. I am not saying you have a learning disability, I just mean they may be able to offer you some extra support, or offer you some advice.

It's understandable that you don't want to get behind with notes and things.

Keep us updated on how your doing. *hug*
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey Charlee, just wanted to add to BananaMonkey's advice - another option might be to ask if you can record the lessons? I think you can get apps on your phone to record audio or you could invest in a little dictaphone then you can listen back at home and make up any notes you miss?

I know a few people that used to do this when I was at univeristy so they could listen to the lectures and then make notes in their own time.

Let us know how you're getting on :)