Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Expert Chat: Self-harm (Monday 2nd March, 6:45-8pm)

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
Hey everyone,

As some of you will know, it's National Self Harm Awareness Day on the 1st March. The day is designed to raise awareness of self-harm and to get people talking about it. The thinking is that talking is a good first step in getting support and an effective way to reduce stigma.

So to help do our bit, we'll be running an expert chat all about self-harm on Monday (02/03/15, 6:45-8pm). Here's the low-down:

Rachel from selfharmUK will be joining us to answer your questions and offer advice and support. Those of you who've been around a while might remember that she was here last year. Do have a read of last year's transcript for an idea of what this year's chat might be like.

Who is the expert?
rz1DJIyt.jpg
Rachel Welch is the director of selfharmUK and is passionate about seeing young people recover from self-harm. Rachel speaks and writes from both a professional and personal perspective of self-harm and related issues

What kinds of things can I ask?
This chat will be a chance to find out more about self-harm, as well as get support and coping tips from an expert.

How will the chat work?
Like all expert chats, this will be open to everyone. Now that we have a new chat room it will work a little differently than before. The moderator will ask the room who has a question and then ask you to take it in turns to put them to Rachel. You?ll also be more than welcome to chip in by sharing experiences and ideas that might be helpful to others.

You will be able to log in as normal on the night in the usual place: http://www.thesite.org/chat/live-chat

What if I can't make it but I have a question?
We can accept questions in advance and put them to Rachel on the night, however live questions will take priority. If you have a question you'd like answered then please PM me with it.

Any other questions? Feel free to post them below :)

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Bump!
    Just a reminder this is on Monday night after self harm awareness day tomorrow.
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    This is tonight folks :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    We're open!!!!+! :D