Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Cancer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, this is my first proper post :)

I would just like to explain what my average day is like right now, while getting treatment (I'm bored in the hospital :P)...

So, at the moment I'm in hospital for a fixed 5 days, while I get a round of chemotherapy :| I wake up at around 8 am - the nurses then come and take my blood (I have this tube which goes through this vein close to my heart and so I don't have to keep getting needles). I then get hooked up to the chemo drugs - for the first hour, I feel really normal and the entertainers come round to the wards... This is when I get to sing and play my guitar and sometimes celebrities visit us! So it isn't too bad! However, after the first hour, I begin to get really tired and so I like to go on a little walk, it makes me feel better... Sometimes I go and see if there's any work I can do in my room, from the hospital school. When it reaches the third hour, depending on which medicine I'm getting, it can go two ways. I can either feel pretty sick, or I can start feeling better :)

I have another 10 rounds to go, out of the 15... They will then see how I get on :D

I hope everyone is well x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't really know what to say but I've seen how horrific chemo is. Huge, huge hugs. *hug* *hug* I'm sorry you're having to go through this. I can't imagine.
    So sorry to hear what u going threw ;(. On the other hand sounds fun u having people coming on the words and u enjoying singing and playing the guitar :) let us know how everything going :). Can I ask how old are u
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Leondre,

I admire the fact that you were able to write a post up, with so much passion, it shows the great amount of fight you have in you, and were always here for you throughout, even if you wanted to start your own random chat thread to use whilst at hospital, it's also a great way to get to know the community and those in it to.

What celebrities have you had the joys of meeting so far? - It's also great to see you getting involved with the entertainment that's going round :heart:

Shall keep you in my thoughts, and do let us know how Chemotherapy goes :heart:

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart
    Aww, thank you all so much! :)
    Don't really know what to say but I've seen how horrific chemo is. Huge, huge hugs. *hug* *hug* I'm sorry you're having to go through this. I can't imagine.

-hugs- thank you :) x
    Thank you :) x

I'm 13!
    Leondre,

I admire the fact that you were able to write a post up, with so much passion, it shows the great amount of fight you have in you, and were always here for you throughout, even if you wanted to start your own random chat thread to use whilst at hospital, it's also a great way to get to know the community and those in it to.

What celebrities have you had the joys of meeting so far? - It's also great to see you getting involved with the entertainment that's going round :heart:

Shall keep you in my thoughts, and do let us know how Chemotherapy goes :heart:

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart

I really appreciate your kind words :) x

In 2010, I met Justin Bieber - last year, Union-J - the start of this year, Nicole Scherzinger and others have visited, but I didn't get the chance to meet them :)

Could you please explain the chat thread thing, please? :)
    Welcome and thanks for sharing! I do hope this all goes well for you. Do you have something like a Kindle or a portable DVD player?
    Melian wrote: »
    Welcome and thanks for sharing! I do hope this all goes well for you. Do you have something like a Kindle or a portable DVD player?

Thanks so much :) x

I have a laptop and iPad?
    Awww what a young age to have it :( big big big hugs
    angel wrote: »
    Awww what a young age to have it :( big big big hugs

Thank you -hugs- x