Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Expert Chat: What is coaching? (Tuesday 27th January 6.45-8pm)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone :wave:

On Tuesday the 27th of January, we'll be teaming up with the amazing people over at the Young Women’s Trust who will be coming for an expert chat about coaching.

What is coaching?
Have you ever felt stuck or unsure about the future? Do you sometimes doubt your ability to deal with everything being thrown at you?

Coaching involves pairing you up with someone who will listen and help you make the changes that you’d like to see in your life.

This could be anything, from trying to get a job or money problems, to issues at home and so on.

What kinds of things can I ask?
This chat will be a chance to find out more about what coaching involves, how it can help and how you can get some yourself.

So you might want to know who does coaching. Or what a coach can help you with, where you can talk to them etc.

Who is the expert?

16299631136_32270e1d57_q.jpg
Denise Yusuf is a freelance Coach and Supervisor and works with children, young people and adults in different settings across London. She is also co-author of a new book 'Brief Coaching with Children and Young People - A Solution Focused Approach' published January 2015. She coaches young women via phone, text and WhatsApp with the Young Women's Trust.

How will the chat work?
Like all expert chats, this will be open to everyone. Now that we have a new chat room it will work a little different than before. The moderator will ask the room who has a question and then ask you to take it in turns to put them to Denise. You’ll also be more than welcome to chip in by sharing experiences and ideas that might be helpful to others.

You will be able to log in from the chat page: http://www.thesite.org/chat/live-chat

What if I can't make it but I have a question?
We can accept questions in advance, however live questions will take priority. If you have a question you'd like answered then please send it to me in a PM.

Any questions? Feel free to post them below :)

Comments

• Options
    Just seen this - thanks Helen for mentioning it!! Sounds fab :)
  • Options
    Yep, this is tonight folks! :)
  • Options
    Jo7 wrote: »
    Yep, this is tonight folks! :)

Cool :)
  • Options
    Hey - just a reminder that we'll be in the Expert Chat room tonight so be sure to select this one from the chat page:

16193977940_ddcd33e754.jpg

We'll kick off at 6.45pm with some intorudctions and then we'll ask you all who'd like to ask Denise a question.

I'll then create a list of names and you'll all get a chance to ask Denise your questions in turn so that she can respond to them one at a time. Just follow my lead!

This is our first expert chat in the new room so it's a new way of doing things for all of us, so do come along ready to work as a team ;)

See you later on :thumb:
  • Options
    Do we need login as normal Jo
  • Options
    *Heather* wrote: »
    Do we need login as normal Jo

Yes, you'll be able to log in as normal :)
  • Options
    Can I pop-along Was gonna PM but i don't know who's around :P
  • Options
    Emmalee wrote: »
    Can I pop-along Was gonna PM but i don't know who's around :P

Of course :) everyone is welcome! No sign up for this one.
  • Options
    We're kicking off soon, Denise is here at TheSite Towers and getting ready for your questions :)
  • Options
    We're open!
  • Options
    Jo7 wrote: »
    Of course :) everyone is welcome! No sign up for this one.

Ah I can't make it anyways :(

Enjoy though :)
  • Options
    How does the new system work, I can't see a join button? Have I been blocked or?
  • Options
    Aleaf wrote: »
    How does the new system work, I can't see a join button? Have I been blocked or?

Nope you've not been blocked. Head to the live chat page: http://www.thesite.org/chat/live-chat

You should see a join button on the right hand side and then you need to come into Expert Chat :)
  • Options
    All fixed thankyou