Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Help me, please.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I'm new here. Anyway I have several mental health disorders and really I'm trying (and failing) to tackle one issue at a time. So, I eat too much. Whenever I'm offered junk food, I say yes. Plus when no ones at home (my mum and her boyfriend) I cannot stop eating. Every 5 minutes I will be eating. And my mum eats a good amount so I probably eat too much, every single day. I mainly eat when I'm bored and sad, which, with depression is a lot of the time. All of the time. I also have no motivation. And I know I may say this and people will be like: 'To do lists can help.' Or 'Set an alarm for homework or workouts etc.' But I don't think anyone understands (sorry to sound self pitying, but it's true) how much I am unmotivated to do anything. I have slept through school before, I can't keep a workout routine, I can't do my homework. I can't, and I'm not being lazy. I also can't go to the gym because I'm scared of people looking at me. I know these issues are all bleeding into the others, and I'm sorry. I don't have anyone to talk to in real life so sometimes it just happens. I just get so upset because everyone at my school is a healthy weight, and they don't even exercise. They can control their eating. Sometimes I feel like I don't even eat that much but I still can't lose weight. I can't take this anymore.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sorry to hear this.
    Sometimes eating too much can be a coping thing to make us feel a bit in control when we feel sad, and sometimes can be hard to brake through or sometimes it takes time. Maybe try other thing when you feel sad or bored, maybe do some drawing, poems or write down you feel, or do something that you enjoy.
    Stay strong and keep trying,
    Hope this is any help.
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Heya,

Welcome to the boards.

It sounds like you are dealing with a lot at the minute, I am glad you have posted here to get some support. It's a very brave first step to make. :heart:

Do you have any support in place to help with your mental health? It could be worth a chat with your GP, they may be able to help you. *hug*

Feeling unmotivated seems very difficult and I can relate to that feeling. Something that I find that helps me is to take things day by day, and setting myself small do-able tasks. That way I have something to focus on. Do you think that could help you?

With regards to the food, it sounds like food plays a big part in your depression, and could be comfort for you. I guess it's about finding something else that makes you feel 'happier' Do you have any interests or hobbies?

A lot of what your saying goes hand in hand with each other, and I guess you're in a cycle now, and as said above it can be quite difficult to get out of that cycle, but your not alone in this and hopefully you get there eventually.

Keep us posted on how you are getting on. :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "