Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

How to accept that you've got a tattoo?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've always wanted a tattoo but never thought of myself as the sort of person who would get one (no offence intended, I'm just very square and normally obey almost all rules). I have however got one. I got a tattoo a couple of months ago and I don't exactly regret it but I haven't quite come to terms with the fact that I have one. I haven't told anyone and am very nervous about telling my parents. Not only are they anti tattoos, I've never even mentioned that I want one. I am of age but still dependent on them and obviously love them and don't want to hurt them or "get told off". I'd really appreciate some advice. Thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How to accept that you've got a tattoo?

Your body your rules. It sounds like it's those around you that have the problem. Do you even need to tell them?
    Are you more worried about the fact it's a tattoo, or what the tattoo is of?

I don't think they'll get hurt or tell you off, it's only a tattoo. lol.
    You've got already one so you can't do anything about it. Don't worry too much.