Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

struggling with mental illness

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys,

I'm not doing very well at the moment. I've been okay for a while by my standards but recently my mental health is getting worse again. There's no real reason for it, but my moods have been more up and down than ever. I'm struggling to see how this will ever end, it's been over 10 years of mental health treatment and I'm still ill. I've tried everything there is to try, meds, therapy, hospital. Everything that's been offered to me. This is just my life and I don't want it to be, I want a normal life. I don't want to cry myself to sleep one week and then spend hundreds of pounds on useless things the next. I can't deal with the constant traumatic memories and thoughts.

Not really for looking for any help, I have my support workers. I just need to be able to talk about how I'm feeling.

Comments

• Options
    Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Hi Broken-Angel

I just wanted to say I'm sorry that you're struggling so much at the moment :( 10 years must feel like a really long time to be in treatment and still not be better. Would you say it (or some of it) has been of some use?

It's good you're talking about how you're feeling :)
  • Options
    Hugs, BA. We're always about to listen.
  • Options
    Thanks Danny and Purple. The mental health treatment has been useful in the sense it's kept me alive and I've had support but there's nothing that's really changed. I'm losing hope really, I've deferred my place at uni so next year I don't really have any solid plans. The only thing that's kept me going is the focus on school, now college. That's going to be gone in June. Then what am I going to do?
  • Options
    Can you get work experience from June / July until you start uni?
  • Options
    I have a job, but I don't know if that'll be enough to keep me focused. I love my job but if I'm ill it isn't realistic to carry on with it.
  • Options
    Feel majorly lonley at the minute
  • Options
    Hugs. I soo missed u being on here :( and in chat too. Have u tryed talking to anyone
  • Options
    Hey there Broken Angel :wave:

I was reading through the threads and I noticed your post. Really feel for you and what you are going through. It must be such a tough thing - as Danny says - having lots of help and treatment and feeling like you aren't getting anywhere. Perhaps a different way to see it is that by getting support - you are improving things for yourself, much more so than if you have to struggle through things all alone.

It's good to reach out and talk to people about how you feel, sometimes a listening ear can help us out. If you need to chat about anything, you know this is a safe and welcoming space for you. *hug*

Take care of yourself :heart:
  • Options
    Thank you.

I managed to do a uni interview today which is good. Might post in the happy thread.
  • Options
    Fab news :) hugs
  • Options
    Thank you.

I managed to do a uni interview today which is good. Might post in the happy thread.

Nice one B-A! Hope it went well :) And always worth marking those positives in some way, no matter how big or small.
  • Options
    I'm really proud of you. But you know that already x
  • Options
    I'm really not okay :(
  • Options
    I'm really not okay :(

What's been happening B-A? We're here for you *hug*