Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Please help my dad get his house back!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi I'm really sorry for the long confusing post but we are stuck and don't know what else to do. A lot of this might not sound relevant but I need to show what kind of person we are having to deal with.
My dad got with a woman about four years ago and two years ago she gave birth to a little girl Poppy. She says she didn't even know she was pregnant (lies) and as my stepdad has previously had the snip he questioned it. She had DNA test done to prove he was the father (which we now know was a fake).
Recently my dad has found out through mutual friends she had been summoned to court twice and not turned up as another man has been trying to find out if poppy was his. My dad went to the third court hearing to find out what is going on. Again, she did not appear. It turns out she was seeing this other man as well as others through her relationship with my dad.
My dad isn't very good with reading and writing and found it easier to give her the money to pay all the bills. the last two months we have found out that she has not been paying any bills such as car and van tax and insurance, water bills, gas and electric bills and council tax. As all the bills are in his name, he has had bailiffs knocking on his door demanding the money which he has had to pay. We've also discovered she has stolen money from my dad several times including from his bank account which she made my dad believe was a card clone. As she steals his post he was not aware of this for quite a while until thousands had gone. She has also stole money from my 11 year old brother and my 16 year old sisters bag. She also said she passed her driving test which we now know is another lie.
My dad questioned her on the court hearings which convieniently she knew nothing about and had never heard of this man. The court ordered a DNA test. The judge knew of her as she's dealt with her in the past (similar things to do with the father of her other two children) and advised my dad to keep her living with him so she doesn't do a disappearing act.
My poor dad has now been having all his post redirected to his next door neighbour so she can't hide everything. He got an 820 phone bill for three more mobile phones in his name which he knew nothing about. He went a bit mad at her after everything and shoved the paper in her face. She called the police and got him done for assault! She's slipped up as she's told the police two different stories (police have done nothing).
He was released from custody with a court date in March. His bail conditions state he is not allowed to HIS house or even in the road. Although they have asked her to provide proof of her hospital report she hasn't (and can't because she didn't go to hospital because he didn't do anything) and the police still haven't done anything. She has changed the locks on HIS house (illegal but police haven't done anything) and she has stole his two money tins from his house which had around 2000 pounds in (again the police haven't done anything about the theft).
We have now received the DNA test results. Poppy isn't my dad's :(
I went straight round there and asked calmly her to leave my dad's house because he's been through enough. She called the police saying we were harassing her. She's now going for squatters rights.
Can anyone give me any advise on how to proceed of how to get this vile woman out of his house and out of his life? He can't change the locks or neither can anyone on his instruction as it will break his bail conditions and get his arrested. The laws are WRONG and we can't seem to find the right way about it quickly before she builds more debts up.
I feel so sorry for my dad and feel useless as I can't help. Please please please could someone give me some advise

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to hear what ur going threw :(

Have u tryed speaking to the police about what she have been doing :) and ask them to remove her from his house. Have u consed a money loan they give u money and he can pay it bit by bit. That might help getting out of the owning.

I found a link for u
    www.thesite.org/money/credit-and-debt/i-owe-people-money-8960.html
  • Options
    Thank you.
    The debts have all been paid off already from his savings. They've had to be as bailiffs have knocked on his door.
    The police have been told but apparently they are separate issues. She as slipped up a couple of times to the police (details of the made up assault and saying she didn't change the locks) but they don't seem to be interested.
    Everything has been calculated as she knows what to do to get what she wants. Just trying to stop him from going down there and kicking the door in as that's what she wants so he gets arrested.
  • Options
    Have u cinsered to him about movimg away from her so she doesn't know where he lives
  • Options
    He owns the house outright. She's not even registered as living there x
  • Options
    Has he told the company that
  • Options
    I would issue her with an eviction notice because squatters rights no longer exist. It sounds like you really need to get a solicitor involved ASAP!
  • Options
    As for the ballifs turning up that couldn't be correct unless he had court judgements against him. If he has had court judgements for the debts she took out in his name he can apply to have them set aside as they're not his debts and he had no knowledge. He could recover some if not all of the money. Worst thing you could do is to pay it however :-(

As for the eviction. Easy call the police and claim she is there without permission. Breaking and entering. No need to serve an evicition notice if she has no tenancy

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Hi there
    Sorry your dad is having a difficult time at the moment. I can understand why you are worried.
    I agree with Miss Riot on this one - I think your dad needs urgent legal advice. You can search for a solicitor on the Law Society`s website - www.solicitors.law society.or.uk
    In the meantime perhaps he could close the accounts she knows about and open a new account for daily banking until he gets legal advice.
    I hope things get better soon.