Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

new to the forum and a new year

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
The plan for new years eve was have a drink at my flat with a few friends and head to the pub and night club. I haven't drank or had any drugs for quite a few weeks now but i ended up on a 12 hour drink and cocaine binge i ended up at home 9am i went straight to bed and just got up now i drank plenty of water in between sleep. Im feeling very disappointed in myself and absolutely gutted at what i did and the money i have spent. Because it has been some time i am able to compare how i feel mentally now from a few days ago. My plan today is to deep clean my flat as its a bit of a mess from people coming new years eve but also i am going to writr down how i feel and the effects the alcohol and drugs have had on my mental and physical state. This is a new year i have my new cpn and psychiatrist and start therapy this month. This year has to be spent on looking after myself and doing what i can to hopefully get out of this depression and using alcohol and drugs as a blocker.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi.

Nice to meet you and a warm welcome to TS.

It sounds you like you feel that you had a kind of drugs/drink relapse,is that right?It is natural to feel disappointed andnangry at ourselves after a relapse of any kind.You need to try to focus on how weel you had done before this happened.Quite a few weeks clean of drink and drugs is a really good achievement and you clearly done very well to manage for that long.I know its hard but you need to try to focus on that thought, as well as the fact that you should be proud of yourself for managing so well and for so long.Though I do understand all too well how you feel.

Its really good that you are doing what you can to help make yourself feel better and to get better.You took the words right out of my mouth"This is a new year" and a new start.

I wish you all the best and I hope that all of the support and therapy you are getting starts to help you again soon