Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How much have you spent on presents for people this year?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't want to think about it.
  • Options
    About 70 quid on... 12 people?
  • Options
    about £750, argh, but i did start in early october which is how i have only manged to run out of money now, woo. About £300 quid of that was on my boyfriend though, i wanted to get him something really good this year cause for his 21st i was a bit skint.
    If people wouldn't divroce/split up/get new partners christmas would be a lot cheaper :p
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    £60-£70 ish?
  • Options
    £26 for 5 people :D
  • Options
    £28, two people. I don't really 'do' christmas.
  • Options
    About £110. 30 quid on each of my parents, £17 on my brother and about £40on my boyfriend althought I haven't bought him much yet.
    I too am a poor student. I always feel bad considering the hassle my mum goes to in buying me nice presents.
  • Options
    I spent £100 on 4 people. Half hour in Argos did the trick last night. Sadly though all the good stuff had sold out so i had to get them the shit no one else wanted :D
  • Options
    About £120 on four people.
  • Options
    £25 for 3 people.
  • Options
    Somewhere between £500-750, spent gradually since about August (how organised am i?!) Spent beween about 5 people, a fair old chunk being on the boyfriend cos i love to spoil hm at Christmas :D
  • Options
  • Options
    I once bought decent gifts for my friends. Got some of the most utter crap I have ever seen in turn... Next year I lowered the amount I spent drastically and received more trash (one of my best friends even gave me a set of earrings when I don't even have any piercings! And one of those free perfume tests..). I've felt inclined to ask them to rather just not give me anything this year. So I spent the minimum I could on them.

Family however... :S I've bought the most for mum, will participate in a portion of dad's expensive gift.

It's no doubt over 200 quid, maybe around 300. I've kinda lost sight of how much I've spent on gifts as I have spent at least equally much on my horse and I just don't want to know the damage.

My ray of light is that I got a salary correction in December which doubled my salary for this month. Great timing. :shocking:
  • Options
    I've spent about £30 each on the mum dad and brother and then ive got 2 more people to buy for. yeh im disorganised
  • Options
    Oh gawd knows. Not even going to try and work it out, if I do then I might as well shank myself with a sprig of holly right now.
  • Options
    £40 parents
    £45 bro and sis
    £20 grandparents
    £120ish boyfriend
    £20 friends (secret santa)

All in all about £245ish :|, hence now I'm completely skint.
  • Options
    £40

Tenner each on me ma and da and brother and sister, fuck it I'm skint like, would spend more if I had the money like.
  • Options
    Around £30-£50.

I don't really believe big in Christmas.
  • Options
    Too much.

My boy and my nephew get spoiled.

Got the mrs a new contract phone, perfume, make up, boots, an enlarged framed photo of her and the baby, random other things..

Spent too much again, next year wont be as I'm saving for new house deposit.