Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Where Do Single People Meet These Days?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I read a BBC survey that said most Londoners were hoping to meet someone at the gym.

Nightclubs would seem the obvious place but many are so noisy that it's impossible to talk to anyone you like!!

Comments

• Options
    the gym :eek2:

ive met my ex fella's through mates, or by meeting them in a bar/pub or sumthing, only prob is they always think im older like 18 and then i have to tell them im 15...then some go bye bye :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    the gym :eek2:

ive met my ex fella's through mates, or by meeting them in a bar/pub or sumthing, only prob is they always think im older like 18 and then i have to tell them im 15...then some go bye bye :(

Well looking at your photos I don' blame them for thinking you're older and since you're in a club where I assume you have to be 18 to get in they can't be blamed for thinking that.
  • Options
    I read awhile back that '30ies something" singles are finding dates in the super market.

I think meeting through friends or family is one of the easiest ways to meet a new partners.

I've randomly talked at the train station while drunk to few people and made friends like that. Being drunk seems to be the key to meeting new people for me:p ;)

Think the Internet is the most modern way of meeting new people. Works for young and old!
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Well looking at your photos I don' blame them for thinking you're older and since you're in a club where I assume you have to be 18 to get in they can't be blamed for thinking that.

spose
  • Options
    college/work/uni? places like that.

then obviously you can meet people out, but its kinda tricky when you're both rat arsed :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer

Nightclubs would seem the obvious place but many are so noisy that it's impossible to talk to anyone you like!!

Depends where you are in the place.

I met Miss Bri-namite in a club, but anywhere goes really. So long as someone has the guys to start a conversation.
  • Options
    at the mo' i am meetin people through residential halls and student nights. word!
  • Options
    I meet new people through mates, Simple as!
    Jez
  • Options
    I met a guy I had a very nice period of shags with in a bar. But as for a relationship, hmmm, not so sure about those, i've always been sceptical of club/bar based relationships.

Probably work, maybe on the tube (i like talking to random people :yes: ), yes at the gym, although i dont go to the gym to look for men, maybe at them, but not for them!

what about work? have you tried chatting to any nice ladies at work?
  • Options
    Our gym (UCL Bloomsbury) has a lot of eye candy. Which I'm not complaining about, but I'm sure it's a bit of a turn off for them when they see me almost keeling over on the machines in a sweaty red-faced heap so I doubt I'll be meeting anyone there :eek:

I did meet a guy on the Tube once, bizarre as it was! Went out on a couple of dates. Other than that, it's mainly clubs and bars for me.
  • Options
  • Options
    If I wasn't so shy, I'd meet someone at a club I go to, because they already have similar interests to me. A club isn't my scence - and *theoretically* I don't want to be going out with someone who always wants to go to clubs, and I don't, if you get me.

If everyone goes to the places they like best, then the people they meet there have a better chance (in my calculated opinion) of having similar interestes and therefore the both of you getting on well and the all important chemistry being there!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless
    I read awhile back that '30ies something" singles are finding dates in the super market.

I think I've seen the same thing but I think the story got a bit screwed. I thinkthe real story was it's easier to spot single people in a supermarket because they'll buy things like meals for one rather then family sized meals or boxes of nappies, etc.
  • Options
    Originally posted by go_away
    Our gym (UCL Bloomsbury) has a lot of eye candy. Which I'm not complaining about, but I'm sure it's a bit of a turn off for them when they see me almost keeling over on the machines in a sweaty red-faced heap so I doubt I'll be meeting anyone there :eek:

I did meet a guy on the Tube once, bizarre as it was! Went out on a couple of dates. Other than that, it's mainly clubs and bars for me.

hmm the bloomsbery, wonderful ucl eh, is the gym any gud, my hall m8s want me 2 join the gym, buti not a gym person

but errr i met some nice ladies at salsa and in halls, and when pissed ot of my head on 99's & cocktail nites my uni does, and other random times i cant even remember how i know them!