Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A new way to lie

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im getting bored of all the nonsense. all the shit stirring, the bullshitters, the attention seekers, the manipulators. Nobody's perfect, but there are some people - here, there, everywhere - that enjoy, or feel the need, to lie. and its boring me.

im just having a rant here, im not after a particular response. im just curious as to where humanity got crossed over with this new breed of slanderers. Its like people dont believe its cool to not have a major issue going on everyday. Im becoming increasingly aware of the need people are beginning to feel for creating themselves problems, and the necessity of the world knowing of these 'problems'. Whats wrong with being a well rounded, honest, enjoyable individual?

Comments

• Options
    I totally agree with you. I'm not referring to anybody on these boards cos I don't know any of them!! But in real life I seem to encounter an awful lot of people like this, people that need some huge drama (or non-drama) going on just so they have something to say for themselves. Sad isn't it.
  • Options
    In referrence to people like that on the site, iv got nothing to say because ive never noticed it tbh..

But, in life, theres a few people i know who lie a lot, every day a few times a day. The way i see it, they dont lie to hurt others (if they did id have words!) or to cause problems for other people. They do it, or i assume they do it, because they are insecure, thats all. and for people like that i have no negative thoughts just compassion and sympathy. I wont slag them off to my friends as the rest of my friends do about them, i just feel bad that they feel that way. Its a sad thought that they dont feel comfortable enough to tell the truth.
  • Options
    what I dont like is that these individuals make it hard for people with reall problems who really do need help and if they say anything get labeled with the rest of the liers
  • Options
    but do they really get labelled a liar?

Am i just not noticing the lying gone on here? maybe im naive but if somebody posted a problem i felt qualified to answer advice on i would. I wouldnt even consider them to be lying for a second.

I dont get it.
  • Options
    well not necessarily on these boards but in general it seems to be the "cool" thing to have a problem and go round telling everyone about it when there are people who really do need the help and attention that is being purposfully taken by others

Just my feelings although i dunno maybe i am wrong
  • Options
    Nobody's perfect

You are :)
  • Options
    i know what u mean, an hey maybe u mean me! but im not lieing about anything so erm yeah.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Gavman
    well not necessarily on these boards but in general it seems to be the "cool" thing to have a problem and go round telling everyone about it when there are people who really do need the help and attention that is being purposfully taken by others

oh.. ok :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Gavman

Since when was it "cool" to fake a problem? Did someone tell you this or did one just assume it was cool by the number of posts there have been about personal problems....
  • Options
    I think hes referring to life in general, not thesite.

I get what he means he said it 'seems to be the cool thing' which is fair enough, the amount of people i know who religiously lie it can appear that its a new trend that im not aware of either!

On here though, i take all people's problems as truth.
  • Options
    *holds hand up in the air* yea ive lied, ive lied about little things and big things. theres no way im going to say its right what ive done but everyone has problems of one sort or another. with me its just a great insecurity, and makes some very depresed and all that runs round your head isnt great so you try and lie to make things seem better. But the real truth is....the only person that your lying to is yourself, i realised that not so long ago.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    i know what u mean, an hey maybe u mean me! but im not lieing about anything so erm yeah.

:rolleyes: A typical liars response.

:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    :rolleyes: A typical liars response.

:p

:eek:

:crying: