Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

heroes?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
come on ...who are your heroes?

Comments

• Options
    I dunno
  • Options
    Erm, im not sure who i would pick... let me think...
  • Options
    I dont have any heros. My Grandad is the closest thing id relate to a hero which makes me sound like a tit, so no more :p.
  • Options
    Superman.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RNT
    al jolson
    you sure your not 75? most people here will never have heard of him!
    "mammy ...how i love ya how i love ya ...my dear old mammy"!
  • Options
    Cadbury's! :yum:
  • Options
    My mate nic who saved my life... And my fella, because without him i wouldnt be here today either!
  • Options
    Oooh and Marylin Monroe ( :heart: ) and Mae West .. definately.
  • Options
    Re: heroes?
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    come on ...who are your heroes?

My mate Dean, I went out last Friday night, ended up lumbered with a weirdo guy who scared me outta my firiggin skin, ok I was my own heroe in handling the situation (keeping extra cool)...and the cab driver was very good too,....but then he tried to kiss me when I was a quivering wreck....so his herotic actions went to pot after that, but Dean was straight round in a flash when I called him up, physically he didn't do much more than give me a cuddle, but anyone who is there for me and makes me calm down and take me outta how frightened I was (shaking for atleast an hour)...is my heroe...thanks Dean....*hugs*....:)
  • Options
    My grandad who died a month and a bit ago.
  • Options
    all my heroes are dead.
  • Options
    My Brother. :)
  • Options
    i underestimated you ...i was expecting pop idol crap and film stars/celebs etc but no ...real people who do real things! it pisses me off when people hero worship people who just go to the dressing up box, the make up room and live pretendsville. they may well entertain us in a grand manner but the heroes for me are everyday people who teach, fight, struggle, care, give etc.
  • Options
    My mum tbh :).
  • Options
    my ex saved my life once, shame it doesnt stop him from being an irritating wankstain.

um my parents i guess cos they both come from really poor families and worked as hard as possible to give my brothers and i a really good, comfortable life
  • Options
    When I was in my mams belly, she got told there was a high chance I could have have spina bifida. She and my dad were seriously thinking about having an abortion, until she went and got a secnd opinion. This doctor said the diagnosis was wrong, and I was fine and healthy.

The same doctor actually saved my life when I was born too, when the cord got wrapped round my neck, and I was pretty fucking close to being dead. I actually got my middle name from him, cuz my Mam and Dad were well chuffed with him.

He died last year, his funeral was one of the most surreal things ever.
  • Options
    Originally Posted by Bri-namite

When I was in my mams belly, she got told there was a high chance I could have have spina bifida. She and my dad were seriously thinking about having an abortion, until she went and got a secnd opinion. This doctor said the diagnosis was wrong, and I was fine and healthy.

Yeh this happened to my parents when I was in my mums tummy too! But my mum got a second opinion and I turned out not to have it luckily.
  • Options
    In all honesty I don't have any real heroes or figures of inspiration in my life.

I'm too cynical of politicians or revolutionary figures because I'll never agree entirely with their actions, I have absolutely no musical ability so I don't hold any musicians in any great reverence and the only possibility in my family was my dad but I've lost a lot of respect for him in recent years.

The only things I'd take inspiration from are certain aspects of life that I see sometimes that make me want to achieve and experience them for my self.
  • Options
    Bob Marley ;)

No seriously i don't really have a 'hero'.
  • Options
    I have one hero. someone whos allways there, whos allways stood by my side and i love this person dearly, i havent know them all to long but they have helped me a many time, i trust them with my life, i trust them with my heart,