Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Napster

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone used this service since it's been back up? I was actually thinking if signing up. I do think it to be well worth a few quid?

Any takers?

Comments

• Options
    I use the old 1999 Napster and hook it up to the Opennap servers, using Napigator. Winmx however is based on Opennap as well.

If you pay for a music mp3 subscription service, the best bet is going Tiscali broadband. Pay £25 for their standard 512K pipe + £2 entitlement which will let you download 50 commercial mp3 albums every month.
  • Options
    Re: Napster
    Originally posted by Damocles
    Has anyone used this service since it's been back up? I was actually thinking if signing up. I do think it to be well worth a few quid?

Any takers?

i dont understand why anyone would wish to pay for a service that only supplies music no matter how cheap.

Theres the likes of winmx that give you music, video , pictures, even software for absolutely nothing.

Yes , winmx and the like is the illegal way but unless your downloading & sharing 24/7 whats the chances of actually being caught and prosecuted? we are living outside the police state america remember...

But one day i believe they will knock this free stuff on the head and everywhere even winmx will charge, will only be a matter of time.
  • Options
    Just beware, the BPI and the likes are doing the same thing over here and it's now in force. No matter how many files you download or share, your gonna be targeted. I think their also logging user names, connection times and downloads. You can get a £200,000 fine or up to 5 years in prison if your caught.
    But one day i believe they will knock this free stuff on the head and everywhere even WinMX will charge, will only be a matter of time.

Don't matter if they charge. Look at Kazaa, they charged and people where still being busted. Unless it's officially setup then you still gonna get done.