Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Love at first sight!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i want to know what ppl think about love at first sight? can it happen? i think i fell in love with this girl called jennifer but i aint sure. i need guidance. any opinions would help!

Comments

• Options
    I think its only ever lust at first sight.....You may find them incredibly atractive but no doubt you are putting a lot of what you hope they will be like onto them because you find them so attractive.

You could declare your undying love only to find out they eat live rats and stab old women which would surely alter your 'love' for them!
  • Options
    I agree with byny, I do believe however that you can meet someone by complete chance, find yourself extremely attracted to them... and it work out and you spend your 80th year on earth celebrating 60 happy years of marriage to someone you accidently bumped into in the street 65 years ago.

sometimes, a lot of the time in fact, it does not work out like that!

Although I do believe it can. Just because you saw their looks before you saw their personality, doesnt mean that their personality is something thats going to ruin your life.

although, i'll point it out again; it can end up (and the probability is higher than my example) that it will end how byny suggested.

Only time will tell :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    I think its only ever lust at first sight.....You may find them incredibly atractive but no doubt you are putting a lot of what you hope they will be like onto them because you find them so attractive.
    Agreed.
  • Options
    Well I never used to believe in it until about a month ago. Fair enough its not love.....but you certainly can get the 'in love' feelings and very strange things can happen.......:love:
  • Options
    For me I had love at second sight lol sounds silly but he turned around and grabbed hold of my hand and I decided I was going to be with him.

I often think there needs to be another word coz somehow lust just doesnt seem to fit the feeling that you have.

On the other hand I believe more that you can have an instant connection with someone but its important to give it time to get to know one another before you confess your undying love for someone.
  • Options

:yes:
  • Options
    i think love at first sight is a complete load of shite.
  • Options
    I agree with that. Lust at first sight. :yes:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    I believe that it can happen, but, sometimes, it just doesn't always work out.

*Has learned that from own personal experience*

But it can happen, but would say that you should probably just be friends or just go out for a while, just to see if the two of you are really, truly capatible(sp?) together and, if all things work out ok, then I say it may have been meant to be, but otherwise, no, unless you really, truly get to know each other well before deciding on a long term thing.