Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Microsoft Outlook

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ThanksIve got the 2002 version Office XP

I want it to receive my hotmail in the outlook inbox but I dont know how. Does anyone have it who could help me?

I also need to get rid of the address bar. It is storing all of my viewed web pages and is annoying.

:D Thanks :D

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    I meant Microsoft Outlook, not Outlook Express. Ive already got an account set up. I just want my hotmail to arrive in the Outlook Inbox and get rid of the Address bar.
  • Options
    Tools>>Accounts>>ADD>>Mail

Fill in your name and email address.

Incoming mail: pop.hotmail.com
    Out going: smtp.hotmail.com

Fill in account name & password (may need your full email address)

Finish.

If when you log on a little dialog box springs up and asks you to log on then look at your name. If it just says Jazza Bing then you need to add @hotmail.com on the end of your name - if it says JazzaBing@hotmail.com then delete the hotmail.com bit.

If you can't send email go to.

Tools>>Accounts>>Mail>>Properties>>Server and tick my servers requires authentication and press apply then restart.... Don't click the settings button next to it.

If not try: http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp

Log on with your Hotmail ID
  • Options
    Sorry, I may have made myself unclear, I now realise what it has come out as.

When I go onto it, I get my hotmail from my hotmail inbox, but on the shortcut it has Outlook Inbox. How do I get the Hotmail Inbox to transfer to Outlook Inbox?