Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

MP3 players

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was looking for an MP3 player that would be suitable for jogging and I saw in Argos that they got a Nike MP3 player which would be ideal for jogging but I dunno whether it's just an MP3 player or a CD player as well.... was just looking for an MP3 player.

Anyone know.

Comments

• Options
    Give us a link to this item on the argos website, the info should be there.

But for jogging, you're best off looking for a solid state one, and you can find them at computer retailers/websites.
  • Options
    You talking about this one?

5127483cesp03IFN109707M.JPG

Looks to be just an MP3 player to me.
  • Options
    Yep, that just an Mp3 player.
  • Options
    if you're looking for an mp3 player have a shufty at:

advancedmp3players

and

mp3players

both sites have loads of the little buggers....
  • Options
    Change om mind :/. I think I'm gonna get a Mini Disk in stead. Anyone know what kind of USB cable is needed to connect it to the PC?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Damocles
    Change om mind :/. I think I'm gonna get a Mini Disk in stead. Anyone know what kind of USB cable is needed to connect it to the PC?

That'd be a USB-type USB cable. :-/

It comes with one...
  • Options
    I chose a minidisc over a MP3. They supply all the digital cords and USB cables and allsorts. Mines a NET MD though, dunno the difference between that and a normal one. Can u connect a normal one to your comp?
  • Options
    I brought a Sony NET MD in the end, seems pretty cool.
    I chose a minidisc over a MP3. They supply all the digital cords and USB cables and allsorts. Mines a NET MD though, dunno the difference between that and a normal one. Can u connect a normal one to your comp?

I don't think there's much difference between Net MD and just a normal MD. I think the only thing is, is that you get Sonic Stage with it and you can download tunes from the EMD(?) site but you gotta pay for them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Damocles
    I brought a Sony NET MD in the end, seems pretty cool.

I don't think there's much difference between Net MD and just a normal MD. I think the only thing is, is that you get Sonic Stage with it and you can download tunes from the EMD(?) site but you gotta pay for them.

I didn't realise normal MD's came with a USB port. New info for me. :)

I bought myself a NetMD about a year ago. Was substantially less than impressed, and 6 months later ended up getting an iPod, which I'm totally in love with.
  • Options
    I didn't realise normal MD's came with a USB port. New info for me

The kids got the same as me and they have a USB port on it. How do you think you transfer tunes to and from your PC? :):)

This ones the same as mine

N510_06.sized.jpg

They grey flap is where the USB port is. And not all come with USB cables either.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    The kids got the same as me and they have a USB port on it. How do you think you transfer tunes to and from your PC? :):)

This ones the same as mine

They grey flap is where the USB port is. And not all come with USB cables either.

Aye, and it's a NetMD. Read the designation: MZ-N 510. The N stands for NetMD. Not to mention the little graphic on it that says "NetMD".
  • Options
    Aye, and it's a NetMD. Read the designation: MZ-N 510. The N stands for NetMD. Not to mention the little graphic on it that says "NetMD".

What you on about? I didn't say it wasn't.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    What you on about? I didn't say it wasn't.

I wrote: "I didn't realise normal MDs came with a USB port." Normal, as in not NetMD minidisc players.