Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Label or no label?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Personnaly I wear mostly Stone Island, Fake, Evisu 'n stuff.. mainly because it fits sooo much better than high street clothes.

If I go into say Next I spend ages trying stuff on and then end up buying something that's a little to tight or baggy. If I go into a store that's a little more expensive I can be in and out in 20 minutes as most of the stuff fits perfect.

you?

Comments

• Options
    Nah, I got a couple of smart shirts, but I'm just usually a High Street guy :yes:
  • Options
    I agree about stuff fitting better, especially in jeans - the 'designer' ones like Miss Sixty etc always fit so much nicer. I am mainly a high street girlie though cos of a lack of money ;)
  • Options
    Re: Label or no label?
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Personnaly I wear mostly Stone Island, Fake, Evisu 'n stuff.. mainly because it fits sooo much better than high street clothes.

If I go into say Next I spend ages trying stuff on and then end up buying something that's a little to tight or baggy. If I go into a store that's a little more expensive I can be in and out in 20 minutes as most of the stuff fits perfect.

you?
    Nice, not many people wear Stone Island, I love men in this get up :p
  • Options
    High street here is H&M, O-N-L-Y, Vero Moda, Mango, Zara etc.
    Then there's the labels/brands like Diesel, French Connection, Lee, Levi's, Benetton etc.
    And then there are the proper designers, who all go by full name or surname (though Benetton is a surname, but we'll forget that) :p

Only go into designer shops if I am with my dad, otherwise it's just a waste of time, as I simply don't have enough cash on me, and need to have my dad to blaim when my mom starts going on and on and on about the fact that I could have bought two pair of pants for the same price as a shirt or so.

But I prefer it. Has a nice feel to it, and fits better.

Though I mostly buy stuff from label/brand stores . Which is also great, just not as luxurious.
  • Options
    mostly a mix of hand made stuff, charity shop finds, and high street of the topshop/miss selfridge/h&m variety.

i don't buy designer or high-end high street cause i know how much those jeans cost to make. and i sure as hell am not paying £70 for them.
  • Options
    Labels everytime. Mainly Lacoste and Ralph Lauren for casual. Boss and Strellson for suits.

I know what I like, and I know that those four will fit me well and make me look good.
  • Options
    I wear anything cheap. Really. I don't care what label it is as long as it is cpmfortable and I suit it. Actually, I wouldn't wear designer labels because I can't afford them / can't fit into them / wouldn't waste my money / think they're pointless
  • Options
    I used to think that I prefer cheap stuff cus I was comfortable in them and that I didn't care what ppl think.

Now I've hit the part of my life now where I wanna LOOK expensive and smart and that I care how I look. It makes people pay attention and respect people if they look and smell good. Even tho I haven't the money for it now....I'm hittin the london shoppin hot spots when I start work :D

I also believe that lookin and smellin good will boost my self confidence. Sure will. My mate threw me a decent designer shirt one night to go out wiv and it worked wonders....how many was it....3 numbers? That's 3 more then wearin that tatty market-stall shirt...
  • Options
    i go in all the high street stores but i only ever buy jeans from miss sixty or diesel...no other shops compare..
    im lookin at a pair of diesel ones at the mo for £130..ridiculous!
  • Options
    :crazyeyes

They have gold studs n zipper/button in em???
  • Options
    Now I've hit the part of my life now where I wanna LOOK expensive and smart and that I care how I look. It makes people pay attention and respect people if they look and smell good. Even tho I haven't the money for it now....

what i do is check out sales mainly round jan/sept kind of times for awesome clothes at cheap price, and only pay full price for something that you really have to have at other times, if u look hard in sale racks in designer shops you can find real good bargains - i got some nice new diesel jeans for 20 quid, diesel biker jacket style top for 25 quid, g-star jeans for 30, well nice firetrap creased shirt for 17, etc..

u don't have to break the bank to dress well if u look hard enough
  • Options
    the only 'designer' thing i have are a pair of evisu jeans and they dont fit well round the waist, so i'll stick with topshop extra long leg trews i think
  • Options
    I buy what seems high quality, what fits me well (important because I'm convinced I'm a weird shape) and what looks nice but not too fashionable cos I can't afford to buy clothes that will look dated in a couple of months!

Usually that means slightly more expensive clothes and designers, but you'd be surprised at the number of pretty good clothes Topshop has! When I'm feeling poor, I like it. And I'm feeling poor a lot of the time at the moment.
  • Options
    I buy clothes because I like them. I used to be a label freak but now im not :D If I see something I like I buy it, wether its a £2 jumper from Red Cross or a slinky dress from Limeys thats xxx amount of money.
  • Options
    o0h sorta oldish thread. i didnt buy the £130 jeans btw, i got some cheaper diesel ones and i love em to bits :)

im not assed about having makes or anything. i certainly dont care about proper designers like prada versache etc, think theyre a bit old for me anyway. i just shop at high street or high street designers.

i know what u mean kaffrin, about jeans being £70 and they cost hardly anything to make. the problem is though ive tried on so many different makes of jeans and none of them fit me, only diesel and miss sixty do. so i'll happily pay the extra to look & feel good.
  • Options
    Appart from the fact that lables are overpriced, and that I don't like walking around looking like a clothing companies billboard , I just can't afford designer clothes.
    So it's mainly high street, and trawling charity shops, for me. There are a couple of good discount clothing shops up here, a bit like TK Max, but cheaper.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    I would love designer stuff, but I cant afford it, so I let other ppl buy them for me. Ahh the joy of being a young, dependant teenager. ;)

Designer stuff doesnt bother me as much, Ill buy something cheap only if it looks good though.

My aunt acts all posh and toffee-nosed and walks about with good clothes on. Stuff that she got from Oxfam and the like. Appearances can be deceiving.