Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

plz answa

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i got my school report today and it said "SAS - (then a number)" what does the SAS part stand for
(edited for spelling)

Comments

• Options
    I take it your school report touched upon the fact that you can't actually spell?! :P

"please" and "answer" would be correct.
  • Options
    Stupid As Shite
  • Options
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve
    Stupid As Shite

:lol:
  • Options
    Standard Assessed Skills ... I think ... however I may well be wrong, it's a long time since I had a report card.
    (Don't be mean people - it may be the nerves of not knowing what the report means that are causing bad spelling Yes I know, I get cross with people for grammar/spelling all the time, bu I'm in a good mood today and prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt! )
  • Options
    Originally posted by cymruangel
    it may be the nerves of not knowing what the report means that are causing bad spelling

nerves do not turn you into an idiot,
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by rockerchick

Not being able to spell doesn't mean you're an idiot either! :rolleyes:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options

You'd be the one to know, I suppose.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    Not being able to spell doesn't mean you're an idiot either! :rolleyes:

Well not necessarily .... although sometimes it can be an indication, I have to agree.
  • Options
    Originally posted by cymruangel
    Well not necessarily .... although sometimes it can be an indication, I have to agree.

I've got an idea :chin:

Pretty Green Eyes - you're better off not using txt talk because it generally annoys people here!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Well i cant spell for shite as you all know to well, i try my best my i'm getting worse. But i would say im quite clever, i want to leant about a great deal of things which is why every now and again i pop into the politics forum. and plus there are so many things i want to study that i just dnt have the grades for and its shite!
    wanting to leant and the capability to are whats getting me down.
  • Options
    There's a difference between not being able to spell and spelling things wrong on purpose.

I was actually joking though. I dont care.
  • Options
    When things are spelt wrong I dont mind as much,but text talk seems idiotic to me.
    I was'nt implying the person was an idiot for not being able to spell i was implying tht tlkn lk ths is abt stpd cuz its hrd 2 rd.
  • Options
    When things are spelt wrong I dont mind as much,but text talk seems idiotic to me.
    I was'nt implying the person was an idiot for not being able to spell i was implying tht tlkn lk ths is abt stpd cuz its hrd 2 rd.

I just think it's worth asking someone to stop before attckign them. I may have misunderstood you post. I agree txt talk is stupid.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    I just think it's worth asking someone to stop before attckign them. I may have misunderstood you post. I agree txt talk is stupid.

How many times around these boards is asking someone to talk properly said:|
    it should not need repeating everytime.anyone thats been here more than an hour has more than probably seen or been told not to use text talk.
  • Options
    im sorry wont happen again its just that im on about 3 different message boards and i usually type in the "slang" on the other boards
  • Options
    Originally posted by PRETTYgreenEYES
    im sorry wont happen again its just that im on about 3 different message boards and i usually type in the "slang" on the other boards

Hey, you're almost half way there.

Capitals. Apostrophes.

And then you'll be a functional member of society.
  • Options
    Poelpe can raed a satecne wtih wrods selpt wonrg as lnog as the frist and lsat lteter is in the rghit pacle.
    If you cna't udnretsnad tihs say so and I wlil tnrlstae : )
  • Options
    Originally posted by Filmjunky
    Poelpe can raed a satecne wtih wrods selpt wonrg as lnog as the frist and lsat lteter is in the rghit pacle.
    If you cna't udnretsnad tihs say so and I wlil tnrlstae : )

Yes, very smart, we've all seen that before. :yeees:

It doesn't change the fact that people should spell correctly.
  • Options
    REALLY one only saw such a phenomenon quite recently. And one was pleasantly surprised. I Merely pointed it out as a curiosity. I agree that if people are going to bother putting their thoughts down by electronic posts, one should try to express their views in language that is clear and well punctuated - and make full use of the Queens English; it really is too common to see so much slang, abbreviation and poor spelling. Really the decline in language - I blame the proletariat, their weak grasp of linguistic skills will bring us all down. Soon we will all be reduced to using guttural noises and sounds like our neolithic ancestor's.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Filmjunky
    REALLY one only saw such a phenomenon quite recently. And one was pleasantly surprised. I Merely pointed it out as a curiosity. I agree that if people are going to bother putting their thoughts down by electronic posts, one should try to express their views in language that is clear and well punctuated - and make full use of the Queens English; it really is too common to see so much slang, abbreviation and poor spelling. Really the decline in language - I blame the proletariat, their weak grasp of linguistic skills will bring us all down. Soon we will all be reduced to using guttural noises and sounds like our neolithic ancestor's.

ssssh
  • Options
    YEH! Down with phonetic spelling!

On a different note: I just poked myself out the mothafucking eye by accident and it hurts like shit.
  • Options
    YEH! Down with phonetic spelling!

Whats all this ssshhhh? And that's not phonetic spelling, it;s just mispelt with the correct letters at start and finish. How do you spell F I S H?

Ph o t
    Fenomenon = Phenomenon
    Wimen = women
    Stashun = station - that's phonetic.
    hahahahahaah I being an asshole - that's a fact.