Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The little turn offs......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can you be turned off by something your partner/sex buddies does or has done, but later overcome it and still have sex with them?

What if its something that they can't help, are you the forgiving kind and able to forget it, or would you have to move on and find a new partner?

What turn offs would stop you having sex with someone you like/love?

Also, in your opinion do you think men are less fussy then women when it comes to turn offs?

Comments

• Options
    Well, it hasnt happend to me, but surley her screaming someone elses name during sex would be enough to put me off and, probley listen to what she has to say about it and then forgive.

Depending of course, on what she says!
  • Options
    facial hair on a girl! a big turn off and it's quite difficult to talk to them about because they may not have thought much of it, but if you care about them enough then a well worded and light hearted chat has to be the order of the day
  • Options
    Originally posted by FluidFunkster
    facial hair on a girl! [...]but if you care about them enough
    either you are amazingly shallow, seriously disturbed, or haven't the first clue what 'to care' means
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless

What if its something that they can't help, are you the forgiving kind and able to forget it, or would you have to move on and find a new partner?

Totally depends on what it was. But I think trying to talk it through would help, and it would also depend on how long I'd been seeing the person.

I'm soft, so I'd end up just putting up with it most likely :p

What turn offs would stop you having sex with someone you like/love?

If they'd slept around big time in the past, it'd be an issue. At the risk of sounding big-headed, there would always be a worry that they'd be more into having sex with me, than having a relationship with me. I've got respect for my body, I don't think I could ever love someone who I thought didn't.

But then would I be in a relationship with someone like that in the first place?

Also, in your opinion do you think men are less fussy then women when it comes to turn offs?

Yep, because men generally are more desperate for a shag than women are.
  • Options
    or maybe I'm overly protective of some people who are rather sensitive about their facial hair. Sorry.
  • Options
    A hairy back-I just did not care! I still managed to dig me nails in him-but then afterwards it was back to normal-replusively hairy. Not being shallow-honest. I would never ever tell him-I'm not a meanie! I'm sure he found my wobbly belly or samll chest as bad in return so lets not feel sorry for him!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    I'm soft, so I'd end up just putting up with it most likely :p

Me too. Unless like, long toenails or summat. Yargh. :yuck:

I don't mind hairy chests, just sort of hairy. I HATE hairy backs. But I'd maybe do a Charlotte to her Harry if push came to shove. :p
  • Options
    I remember the first time one of my old gf'd let a fanny fart,
    It was a turn off.... but didnt stop me ;)

Hairy armpits or a moustache are serious turnoff's!
    Hairy legs and that I dont mind- once she shaves them going out or whatever.
  • Options
    :yuck: one guy i used to go out with couldnt be more of a turn of if he tried, hes a nice enough guy but i could never look past them

the stinginess (wouldnt buy gel because he was too tight, and would pay to get his hair cut for weeks until it really needed it), farting and laughing, smoking like a fucking snail (only way i can describe it), reeeeally bad dress sense, wearing stuff he probably had in second year and hes now like 20 odd, euch and having a cheesy knob and doing little un hygenic things like picking at his cuticles with his teeth

nope i could never look past them and ever have sex with him
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    [Bhaving a cheesy knob
    [/B]

ewwwwww :yuck:
    nope i could never look past them and ever have sex with him

thank god!

my turn off would be an ex who had a hairychest. i really wasnt keen on them but eventually i fell in love with it as i did with him. awww.