Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

P.m.a

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Positive Mental Attitude

Does anybody actually believe this ??
Edited to say yeh sorry does it work ?

Comments

• Options
    I know a funny quote to do with PMA but I really can't remember it :mad:
  • Options
    Re: P.m.a
    Originally posted by ®
    Positive Mental Attitude

Yes if you mean does it work then yeah i think so.
  • Options
    Re: P.m.a
    Originally posted by ®
    Positive Mental Attitude

Not really, but what the hay, maybe that's just me.:eek:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I thought you were talking about the drug PMA for a second there! :)
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    My driving instructor always went on about having a positive mental attitude but I never knew what he was talking about because I was so busy driving!

Saying that though, it must have worked subconconciously because I passed first time!
  • Options
    Erm, i do i think.
  • Options
    It can do in certain situations, ones where confidence makes you more likely to succeed (auditions, driving test etc) and a positive attitude to work can make you less stressed and therefore more productive [should not, however, be confused with a blase (blah zay (can't find the inflexion for the e!) atiitude to work ie Ah it's fine, it's easy, I can do it in an hour tomorrow .... which will most likely result in you doing WORSE!)
  • Options
    Reason i ask is because I was filled with so much self doubt and full of negativeness towards myself..but until last saturday i didnt realise how bad i got...I totally took everything personally but since then and having had a good few talks with some friends and stuff and them telling me stuff i now have this "new-ish" outlokk and i am removing almost all self doubt and negativeness...its hard i admit coz im used to slagging myself Off and thinin badly badly of myself but i feel so much happier now..with myself and everything that was stressing me....honestly i m so much happier now.....

P.M.A Well id say i am using a bit of this...if you think the right way then i think it can be beneficial to yourself.

Its a shame at all the unhappiness out there in the world, even with some people on here, who do what i did look to the bigger picture honestly...it does actually help ( so does talking mind you )

Anyhoo tis why i asked about P.M.A.

cheers

R
  • Options
    Nah it doesn't, cos some other c*** is going to have a different attitude and it'll counter your 'Positive' one

Like me for example

;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    I thought you were talking about the drug PMA for a second there! :)

:yes:

Thought this was gonna be a warning to everyone of the dangers of 'a new killer drug'.

Was getting ready to reply "...but PMA ain't new, flatliners have been knocking about for years!' :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless
    Nah it doesn't, cos some other c*** is going to have a different attitude and it'll counter your 'Positive' one

Like me for example

;)

Or we just ignore people like you, works for me :D.
  • Options
    i believe in it.. sometimes