Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

stopping/thank you..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well i made a nice long thread and bloody lost it..:mad:

anyway..lately i been working on to stop cutting for a week with the help of two siters who been bribing me :) anyway i found first to days ok, and last night was hard. i ended up having a go at one of these people pretty bad now i feel so guilty as i had a go at her. yet it stopped me from cutting so i reaches day 4:) but i feel so quilty for doing it.

Do you think having a go at her was better than selfharming in ur opinion.?????????????

(fao people who are helping mw)

thank you so much you two for your help and support i owe you alot and i am thinking if i manage to make one week why not two,three or four or even for ever, and kitty, sorry for having a go at you last night. i hope u understand that i didnt mean to hurt u if i did

Comments

• Options
    I know you said fao people who have helped you, but i just wanted to ask do you think planning weekly is a good move ? Maybe other people will correct me if im wrong but isnt this a daily thing ? depending on how you are feeling is going to affect what you do, so if you tried to get thorough each day rather than weekly.
    I cant understand what you mean when you said you had a go at her and it stopped you from cutting :confused:
    I really think sometimes you could be putting too much on these people your talking about because one day you might need them but they aint gonna be there because you think its ok to hav a go at them, then the following day say sorry and its all gonna be ok.

Thats just a couple of things that crossed my mind when i read this post. Im dont mean to sound horrible but really it wouldnt do you any good if you lose it with your friends cos as I say one day they might not be there for you.
  • Options
    Ok firstly i use 1week as its easyer and a bigger goal if i make a week i will feel alot better about myself although i know what u mean becky,

It helped me having a go at my friend because it took away the aggression so i didnt cut, i felt.relaxed and better although i feel guilty and sad that i did this to her:(which made me feel like cutting:crying:

Becky u didnt sound horrable i know what you ment. and i see what you mean, i asked what you felt if it was ok to have a go at her instead of selfharming. you gave ur opinion which i am glad for. thank you.
  • Options
    Right 1st off, i know u were taking your anger out on me im pleased you did as you didnt cut,but also i dont like fighting with ppl. But if you need to shout at me- go for it!

Also i think your doing brill hunny, i truly am proud you've made it this far, and you know im 100% behind you all the way!

Please dont give in. I know you can break it, and do this.

Take care pet!

I'm here for you.

Sarah xxx
  • Options
    Originally posted by _Hermione_
    But if you need to shout at me- go for it!

Surely talking would be much better ? Dont you think people get a lot further forward by discussing stuff like this, getting stuff of their chest by talking must be much better than ranting and raving ?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Surely talking would be much better ? Dont you think people get a lot further forward by discussing stuff like this, getting stuff of their chest by talking must be much better than ranting and raving ?

hmmm true!! i didnt mean shout at me per-say, i mean anger release. talking is better, yes i agree, what i mean it i'd rather him shout at me then him say he's cut himself!

But yes i agree with you becky!

:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by _Hermione_
    what i mean it i'd rather him shout at me then him say he's cut himself!

and what about when he has shouted that much and you say enough is enough ?
    What im trying to get Rudey to see is that does he wanna keep shouting at his friends and end up with nobody ? You are only human so eventually you will say enough is enough and your not gonna be there no more.
    If he tried to talk rather than shout he will probably start helping himself more.
  • Options
    Becky..i do talk to her..i talk to her about everything and all my probs..but when im upset to upet to talk and i feel like cutting. thats when i had a go at her.

Look i talk as much as i cant...:)

Anyway Nother day going..i seem to be fine today:) fineish anyway...
  • Options
    I haven't smoked for 12 days!
  • Options
    Good to hear:D
  • Options
    thank you. its so hard thought i came so close last night to cutting if it wasnt for two certain people i would of done it and failed myself:( but i manage to hang in there barely and i havent cut since saturday night

thank you i owe you so much.
  • Options
    Well done:) Sounds like you're doing really well taking each day as it comes. You'll do it, believe that you can do it :) You've got my MSN if u ever wanna talk/rant/vent
    Kirsty xx
  • Options
    Originally posted by Girl_gunner
    Well done:) Sounds like you're doing really well taking each day as it comes. You'll do it, believe that you can do it :) You've got my MSN if u ever wanna talk/rant/vent
    Kirsty xx

yeah thank you.

i allways mean to talk to u, keep forgeting just send me a message if u wanna tlk.

If it says im away ignore it im allways there..

anyway thank you SOO much everyone and hehe Im doing it although it is VERY hard but i knew it wasnt going to be an easy ride, it has just begun and theres a rough road ahead but it is worth it,
  • Options
    Hey, well done, I'm proud of you :)
    Love you, love kwiss xXx
  • Options
    Originally posted by xNivanaMoonx
    Hey, well done, I'm proud of you :)
    Love you, love kwiss xXx

Me too, well done, am proud of you :) hunny!!! **huggles and cuddles**

Love , Sarah xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    i get what becky is saying. its good that you're not cutting rudey but the question was which do you think is better: cutting or having ago at ur friend. well neither is. it may have worked to shout at ur friend last time but that is not the way to go about it.

admittedly i cant understand ppl who slef harm but surely there are other ways to overcome it? if its to do with taking ur anger and frustration out on something then you probably need to get that under control and use positive thought etc.

but good luck anyway x
  • Options
    hehe thank you everyone..

its hard but the best thing i done in ages.
  • Options
    Keep it going hun, ur doing well *hugs*
    k x
  • Options
    Yay, well i stopped for one week, it qas so hard but i did it,

Last night i thought that i would selfharm because i know i hadnt for a week and some problems came up but i didnt. im so chuffed and happy,

Thank you for all your support people and.. a special thank you to two special people who encouraged me and helped me EVERY day through this, I owe you alot, and your a star..

Sarah thanks for the card:D i love the cd and that poem was lovely, thank you Angel:)

And well lastly i guess i should say thankyou to the mod's for putting up with me for the last several months, its been great and without thesite i dont think i could do it,

I'm on my way to stopping completely, but i know its going to be a hard rough road and i know i cant take it alone. thank you everyone:D even the people who hate me. in some ways u made me stronger. thanks everyone:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    And well lastly i guess i should say thankyou to the mod's for putting up with me for the last several months, its been great and without thesite i dont think i could do it,

Nice to know I'm appreciated :rolleyes: I'm proud of you for not cutting, I know how hard it is for you but I didn't see my name anywhere even though I told you to come here and I tried to help you right at the beginning :crying: Nice to know you remember who told you about this place and therefore let you meet all the people that helped you . . .
  • Options
    Help from others is good, relying on them isnt, you have to do things righjt for YOU.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *x*l'il miss socks*x*
    Nice to know I'm appreciated :rolleyes: I'm proud of you for not cutting, I know how hard it is for you but I didn't see my name anywhere even though I told you to come here and I tried to help you right at the beginning :crying: Nice to know you remember who told you about this place and therefore let you meet all the people that helped you . . .

Aww i thought you would've known there a special place in my heart for you. no need to mention it..but if u wanna ok then

FRANKI YOU A STAR *huggles and kisses* ur allways be a star ya should know that ya daft moo
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    Aww i thought you would've known there a special place in my heart for you. no need to mention it..but if u wanna ok then

FRANKI YOU A STAR *huggles and kisses* ur allways be a star ya should know that ya daft moo

That's better :p
  • Options
    *chuffed to bits* Hey hun! Very Good keep it up and be cool! You can vent at me when me msn is on-you know that-but that means I can vent when I'm moody too! lol!