Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Can The Magic Return ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I started taking pills about 2 years ago, starting off slowly and gradually increasing my doses each time, until this summer I found myself dropping every weekend.

In mid-summer, I took 15 in one weekend.

I've recently come out of a total break off all Class As (which lasted 5 weeks), and, lo and behold, last weekend I dropped 14 !

I used to really, *really* adore ecstasy - it used to always give me such amazing, beautiful feelings . . . and obviously now my tolerance is so high that even double-dropping hardly affects me.

Here's my question : if I try hard to dramatically reduce my dosage, and perhaps only drop, say, once every two months, will I slowly feel on pills what I used to at the beginning, or has that initial Magic gone forever, no matter how careful I am now ?

Thanks people, X

Comments

• Options
    if you need to drop 14 over a w/e, get a new dealer
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta

I know what you mean, but I don't think it's the quality (or lack of it!) of the pills, because I've been having a variety of pretty standard ones, like Hexagons, Supermen, Red Bulls . . .
  • Options
    doing that many is fucking stupid.
  • Options

Thanks dude, that's a real help. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    its unlikely the magic will ever come back. but seriously, give up for at least 6 months and don't do more than 2 or 3 over a w/e. otherwise you are heading for trouble.
  • Options
    don't stand to close to the microwave until you've had the seal checked ...
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Hello tidycrash, I have found some links for you that may help answer your question. You could have a look at this page form Erowid.org, under the heading Why Ecstasy may not be as good as it was, for a start. This report is a bit more technical, but has some information about tolerance.
    It is worth having a browse through the site - there is lots of info there......
  • Options
    Originally posted by tidycrash
    I know what you mean, but I don't think it's the quality (or lack of it!) of the pills, because I've been having a variety of pretty standard ones, like Hexagons, Supermen, Red Bulls . . .

i live in london wonder if the same batch of hexagons and superman youve had were the same as mine.... :chin: Ive been loving the hexagons hating the supermen

but im sure Bongbudda would say brands mean nothing!.. :)

ive lost the magic too, giving it an indefinite break tbh,i dont care if the magic comes back or not, by not doing them your just making your body a hellof a lot healthier-is it really a bad thing?
  • Options

Surely it depends on the amount of the drug in the pill though?

Most ive taken in a night would be 8 1/2 done that a few times and touch wood never fucked up. Some people can cope with 14 while others fuck up and die off 2 or 3...
  • Options
    In my experience, no it will never really be the same as it was at the start if you have cained it too heavily.

But it can still be an enjoyable experiance. I've done 250-300 odd pills over the last four years now, most of which were in the first two years and I still get a good high. I'd suggest not doing them for 3 or 4 months at least.

Some people find 5-htp can help too, but personally I'm unconvinced.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Originally posted by lil_minx

Most ive taken in a night would be 8 1/2 done that a few times and touch wood never fucked up. Some people can cope with 14 while others fuck up and die off 2 or 3...

I pulled this off Erowid FAQ's -

Supplemental dosing: If you have taken an ordinary dose of MDMA (say 2 mg/kg), you like where you are at about T+1:30 (you will have reached plateau by then), and would like to prolong your stay there, take a supplement equal to about 1/3 to 1/2 the initial dose. Taking much more than this is likely to induce or increase unwanted side effects without providing additional benefit in return.

The section on Contraindications and overdose information may also be of interest.......
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit

I's not always the quality of the pills - it's tolerance. I've done up to 17 in one night, and dropped up to 5 in one go before and it though the pills were real strong, it was a pointless thing to do.

The first 5 or so pills will generally have a big effect on me but anymore after that tend to have very little if no effect. I guess it's becuase the more you do, the less seratonin you have to release.

I can understand why people think they need to do that many (i used to) but seriously you don't, doing that many can't have been good for me - I used to get terrible comedowns. It's better doing less of them less often, and you'll also get the most out of them that way.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    The 'honeymoon' period with pills doesnt have to stop, but the problem is most people over do them and then have problems.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_minx

thats why I initially said he should get a new dealer :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    I's not always the quality of the pills - it's tolerance.

Yes, I know. But to have got that much tolerance, you need to have caned it to a ridiculous degree. In over 13 years of taking E, I've never done more than about 4 or 5 over a weekend.

With E, less is more.
  • Options
    Tolerance is a serious issue, I think its somewhat pointless to say whether someone needs a new dealer or not.

As I've said before, I knew a bloke who used to make his own 500mg caps, so thats 10 50mg pills, just to get started.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Yes, I know. But to have got that much tolerance, you need to have caned it to a ridiculous degree. In over 13 years of taking E, I've never done more than about 4 or 5 over a weekend.

If you can take 4 or 5 you can take plenty more. You've only got so much seratonin you can release in one session. Generally with good pills I find that after 5 or 6 the rest have very little effect. I find tolerance builds up very easilly with ecstasy.

I do agree with you that less is more - but I didn't used to!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    thats why I initially said he should get a new dealer :rolleyes:

Dont roll your eyes at me mister!

how rude.
  • Options
    or what? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    pathetic, by me saying surely its the amount of drug in the pill i thought it would be clear i was arguing against your second statement and agreeing with your first?

some people are so rude.
  • Options
    chill out, I'm just messing :rolleyes: ;)