Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

pressie ideas...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i know its a bit early, but im thinking about what to get for my dad for x-mas. i want to get him something cool but i just dont know wat to get! hes just to hard to buy for!

i want to spend up to £100.

wat do u think of a trip somewhere for him and my mum at new year?

Comments

• Options
    Re: pressie ideas...
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    i know its a bit early, but im thinking about what to get for my dad for x-mas. i want to get him something cool but i just dont know wat to get! hes just to hard to buy for!

I think that would be an awesome pressie for your parents. Maybe some others have some ideas, but, in my humble opinion, I think that a trip, for New Years, is a cool idea.
  • Options
    Fly them to Paris! Ryan Air does like cheap tickets. Make it a joint thing for a weekend trip. Sort out accommodation too. :)
  • Options
    well ive looked into paris.

bung them on eurostar (my dad wont fly) on the 31st, bring them back on the 2nd. cost £178
    then gotta find a hotel (no idea how to do that!) and sum spending money (how much?!)

im gonna do it i think! ive got a fair bit of money this year and they always take us to good places so it seems a nice thing to do for them! :)
  • Options
    I'd look at the Euro Star website again. They usually have a link saying where you can stay.

try http://www.expedia.co.uk too for ideas..and http://www.lastminute.com for hotel places.

I'd reckon maybe 200 quid for spending money..a treat from you, they'll probably bring their own pennies too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    I'd look at the Euro Star website again. They usually have a link saying where you can stay.

try http://www.expedia.co.uk too for ideas..and http://www.lastminute.com for hotel places.

I'd reckon maybe 200 quid for spending money..a treat from you, they'll probably bring their own pennies too.
    :eek: and then on boxing day you can start saving for next years present.
  • Options
    jeeeez i couldnt spend that much money on my rents, or starters i dont own that much money!
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    :eek: and then on boxing day you can start saving for next years present.

She makes like 900 quid a month :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    She makes like 900 quid a month :p
    thats not a high wage, thats low to average. (saying that, I have no idea what her outgoings are).
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    thats not a high wage, thats low to average. (saying that, I have no idea what her outgoings are).

i have to give my mum £200 a month for rent. but the rest is mine to spend how i like
  • Options
    Re: pressie ideas...

i think thats a lovely idea... and it leaves you a free house for a nye party! :p
  • Options
    i have to give my mum £200 a month for rent. but the rest is mine to spend how i like
    :eek: Damnit - I wish I made that!