Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

am i protected????

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive been on antibiotics for the past week and coz i heard that it makes the pill less effective (but i have still been taking it) me and my boyfriend have been using condoms but yesterday we forgot but i actually forgot to take them yesterday and only had one the day before. do you reckon it still would have made it stop working? or am i still protected? also if im not protected does anyone know for how long?

plz help!!!

xx

Comments

• Options
    Best bet would be to check with the doc. Give them a phone. Or maybe check with your local pharmecist.
  • Options
    read the instructions in your pill packet. if you are still confused go speak to a doctor or nurse because you might need the morning after pill
  • Options
    It's best to read the instructrions you get with the specific pill. You can always call either of the following helplines for some sound, confidential advice:

Brook Advisory Centres
    Advice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Telephone: 0800 0185023

Family Planning Association
    Information service on family planning and all aspects of sexual health.
    Helpline: 0845 3101334
    www.fpa.org.uk
  • Options
    You may not be protected, the antibiotics you took before forgetting could still effect your pill...go and get the morning after pill!
  • Options
    So the Doc is called for again....

Nurse lube me up, im going in to have a look :eek:
  • Options
    umm i dont know but i was on anti-bitotics stil took my pill, never used condoms, next thing u know.. im pregnant :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve
    So the Doc is called for again....

Nurse lube me up, im going in to have a look :eek:

Ahem, I thought you covered spreading love, and I covered everything else? :(

But yes, go and see the doctor. I know Im stating the obvious, but in a situation like this, it is the best advice.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    Ahem, I thought you covered spreading love, and I covered everything else? :(

Im the senior doctor here, and im trained in just about everything! But apprecition of the female form or love as those females call it is my specialty!