Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Demand

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I demand you all to see the kids version of the eurovision song contest.

Why?
Because my friend is one of the showdancers. And she rocks and kicks ass. She'll be the darkhaired supermodel look-a-like.

Comments

• Options
    Ah, car crash TV. And the British kid really thinks he is doing something worthwhile too, bless him.
  • Options
    Nooooooo! It's bad enough having to watch the normal (or should that be abnormal?) Eurovision Song Contest. :nervous:
    Honestly, can't the TV companies put anything better on a Saturday night? :(

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Does it actually get shown in the UK?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble

Honestly, can't the TV companies put anything better on a Saturday night? :(

Do you only have one channel on your TV?

Seriosuly, people moan about programmes like that, but they still watch them, adding to the ratings, and then shows like that get re-commisoned. Just don't watch it if you don't like it.

I don't think it's meant to be taken seriously either.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite

Seriosuly, people moan about programmes like that, but they still watch them, adding to the ratings, and then shows like that get re-commisoned. Just don't watch it if you don't like it.

I don't think it's meant to be taken seriously either.

But given the majority of people only have five channels, and a lot of them have been brought up on TV, isn't the natural reaction to watch whatever's on? The five terrestrial channels have an amazing influence on our perspectives, opinions and views.
  • Options
    Re: Demand
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Because my friend is one of the showdancers. And she rocks and kicks ass. She'll be the darkhaired supermodel look-a-like.

Im watching now and the 3 dancers are dark haired :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    No, but only have four. :crying: No Channel 5, don't have a freeview box (would need a new arial anyway), no sattelite, no cable. Just four channels. And there's pants on tonight. Let's look at the alternatives...
    Family gameshow to win a holiday (pass), Miss Marple (yet again), Lottery show (dire), Casualty (yawn), World War One documentary, and British History documentary. Whoop-de-fucking-do! :(
    So, you see, there's nothing else worth watching.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Documentary's are always a good bet.

Though without being picky, how do you get a choice of seven programs with only four channels?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle
    Documentary's are always a good bet.

Though without being picky, how do you get a choice of five programs with only four channels?

Without being picky, he listed six programs :yes: which would mean he had a choice of seven programs to watch, if you were to include the oh so fabulous Junior Eurovision :heart:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    Without being picky, he listed six programs :yes: which would mean he had a choice of seven programs to watch, if you were to include the oh so fabulous Junior Eurovision :heart:

No idea what you're talking about. *coughs*
  • Options
    Oh god, it was so funny. i was actually laughing out loud, especially our commenters. lmao

Yeah, maybe i'm easy amused.
    Though without being picky, how do you get a choice of seven programs with only four channels?
    On at different times?
  • Options
    Originally posted by a badSTAR
    Oh god, it was so funny. i was actually laughing out loud, especially our commenters. lmao

Yeah, maybe i'm easy amused.

I liked how their comments were so fair and balanced, and completely free of bias :)
  • Options
    .....erm.
    i watched a bit of it
    THE DANCES, THE COLOURS.
    MY GOD
    how cringy.
    sooooooo 80's.
    soooooooo bad.
    ooooh my mum was laughing saying it reminded her of those morning keep fit programs with their so called dancing and stretchy suity things
    I didnt catch us? were we as bad as the rest?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle
    Those were the programmes on throughout the evening while the Eurovision cringe contest was on.
    Oh, and I ended up falling asleep anyway. Problem solved. :D

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    telly has had it's day. it's on the way out. finished. kaput. thing of the past. done for. dead. finito. passed away. deceased. over. history.
  • Options
    I seriously regret asking people to watch it.
    Denmark was presented as some country trapped in the early 90s.
    And the accents. Oh god!

ARGH!

Plus the kids were all crap.
    And only saw a second of my friend in the beginning.