Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Never used e-bay...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm looking to get a voice recorder for uni and I'm thinking of getting one off of e-bay. There's the choice of

this

or this

So, what do you think? And is e-bay reliable and safe?

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Both sellers have good feedback, so will be reliable sellers.

I'd go for the first one as it has a better spec, but it hasn't met its reserve price yet (the minimum price the seller will sell for)
  • Options
    Sp what happens if the reserve proce is never met when the deadline arrives? The highest bidder wins or the deadline increases?
  • Options
    if the reserve price is not met, the item fails to sell.
  • Options
    So, what the hell's the point in putting the starting bid so low for? If it doesn't reach its reserve, the seller won't sell?
  • Options
    I'd buy a miniture tape recorder from Lldyl for £9.99 - they were on offer the other week.

BTW if you buy from the USA you could have to pay a lot of import tax I just bought two PDA's - and they added £24 each to them at customs.

Plus you have to ask the permission of each tutor to record their lessons. I had a tutor tell me that when they spotted a walkman on my desk in uni and thought I was taping them!!
  • Options
    It's not for lectures. I'm doing pragmatics at uni (conversations and such like) and I'm thinking of recording people for an essay we have to do. But it has to be digital and allow file transfer so I can puss about with it on my computer using audio programmes to slow it down so's I can write down what is sadi along with all the pauses, repetitions and the like.