Home› General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Reid Sacked

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Story

Well that's Leeds problem sorted then :rolleyes:

Let's face it, anyone who takes this job on needs their head examind. Millions in debt, and manager's office with a revolving door and an impatient board...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    This makes their situation worse. How can you blame the manager when you've sold your best players?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Sacking Reid was not the answer. The manager can only work with what we've got, and thats just about sod all. Our only hope is that the new manager can somehow motivate the players more.

I fancy Eddie Gray for the job on a permanant basis.
  • Options
    These people haven't got a clue about football. It was totally the wrong thing to do, something needed to be done but IMO this isn't the answer. Now they have done this I'll just hope it makes the difference that the board are obviously after.

I know all the best players have gone but IMO we still have enough talent to stay in the top flight.
  • Options
    I also think Eddie Gray will stay on although most will agree that it will take a miracle to save Leeds.

I heard a rumour Bryan Robson is in the frame. Don't do it it Robbo :(
  • Options
    Maybe they should move the team to Milton Keynes. It worked for Wimbledon FC.

:lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by godscop
    I also think Eddie Gray will stay on although most will agree that it will take a miracle to save Leeds.

I heard a rumour Bryan Robson is in the frame. Don't do it it Robbo :(
    Eddie Gray has being appointed caretaker manager but the reports claim they are looking for a full-time replacement. Gray wants the job and is a Leeds man so hopefully he will be able to rally the team into a few victory's.
  • Options
    If any man can turn around our fortunes, Eddie Gray can.
  • Options
    I grudgingly admit I admire your optimisim, in fact Leeds fans haven't got on the back of the team, that I've noticed anyway. I am surprised about that.

Though I did notice it a bit last season, I guess they can't be arsed to go anymore. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    All the papers admired the fact against Arsenal, the fans were still singing in the 90th minute, despite being 4-1 down.

The fans are probably the only thing keeping the team going at the moment.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    Eddie Gray has being appointed caretaker manager but the reports claim they are looking for a full-time replacement. Gray wants the job and is a Leeds man so hopefully he will be able to rally the team into a few victory's.

Just as long as they leave Strachan alone!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    The Leeds players need a kick up the backside, they still have enough decent players to stay up. Have to say though, the chairman (his name escapes me) is to blame for giving O'Leary a wad of blank cheque and letting him spend 7m on the likes of Seth Johnson.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dantheman
    The Leeds players need a kick up the backside, they still have enough decent players to stay up. Have to say though, the chairman (his name escapes me) is to blame for giving O'Leary a wad of blank cheque and letting him spend 7m on the likes of Seth Johnson.

You must mean the most hated in man in Yorkshire, Peter Risdale.

I must agree with you there, we spent too much, hoping that Champions League football would be guaranteed, and I didn't work out.

Barnsley, enjoy Peter Risdale. He'll kill your club.
  • Options
    What about the board? They must have had something to do with it all, and they're still at the club.

If Leeds go into administration after going down will they lose 10 points in next seasons Division 1? What are the odds on another drop to Division 2?
  • Options
    I am hoping that we do manage to stay up, it will be difficult, but I hope we can do it.

If we go down to Division 1 - I don't personally reckon we'll survive, bankruptcy beckons.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    If any man can turn around our fortunes, Eddie Gray can.

Like in 1983? :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    If we go down to Division 1 - I don't personally reckon we'll survive, bankruptcy beckons.

Id be worried if I were you. If you go down I see you going into administration, and that immediately brings a 12 point penalty in the Football League now.

Down the pyramid you go:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Id be worried if I were you.

Don't worry, I am worried.