Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

storm!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
big scary storm arriving in n.wales right now! my house is begining to rattle. warned the power might go down ...the roof might come off and the place might flood.
anyone else in its path?
got my candles and monopoly board ready ...

Comments

• Options
    Well, I live in the US, but we have been having kind of a bad wind storm since like late Wednesday night here and had gotten worse during early Thursday morning and throughout the day of Thursday and is still going pretty well at 2:10 a.m. here, my time. Don't think it's really going to stop until sometime today, Friday.
  • Options
    I love storms! As long as I`m inside, nice and warm and don`t have to go out in it. Nothing better than being all cosy in bed with the rain lashing the windows.
  • Options
    Or peering out the window during a lightning storm and watching it streak across the sky .... That's always good to watch .... :thumb:
  • Options
    It's quite sunny where I am today! :)
  • Options
    White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    i remember counting the seconds between the thunder and lightening with me mum when i was little

ahhh, the memories....... :)
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    oooh, my favorite kind of weather!! Storms make me really hyper..... Haven't really seen a good electrical storm since I've been in London!
  • Options
    Thats because we always get better weather in London. I've heard of the storm but its clear and sunny where I am.
  • Options
    bit of a letdown so far ...wind and rain but nothing exciting.
    and i nailed my chickens feet to their perches last nigh ...wheres my pliers.
  • Options
    Mr Roll!! Some of the things you say make me laugh and cringe in equal measure.....
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    Mr Roll!! Some of the things you say make me laugh and cringe in equal measure.....
    i didn't realy nail them to their perches ...i used a staple gun.
  • Options
    PMSL!!! That's terrible Mr Roll. Still, made me laugh out loud, everyone looked at me like I was as crazy as you are.......
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    PMSL!!! That's terrible Mr Roll. Still, made me laugh out loud, everyone looked at me like I was as crazy as you are.......
    mmm ...i'll take that as a compliment then ...it's the best chance i'm going to get i suppose!
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    bit of a letdown so far ...wind and rain but nothing exciting.
    and i nailed my chickens feet to their perches last nigh ...wheres my pliers.

They related to the "Norwegian Blue" or something ... ;)
  • Options
    I hate the wind cause the monkies that fitted the double glazing in my room didn't seal it too good & it whistles all the time :mad:

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    amazing sun spot activity to be seen in the skies ...nothing!
    amazing lunar eclipse ...zilch!
    massive storm ...damp squib!

i'm not listening anymore ...i'm not listening ok!
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    amazing sun spot activity to be seen in the skies ...nothing!
    amazing lunar eclipse ...zilch!
    massive storm ...damp squib!

i'm not listening anymore ...i'm not listening ok!

Did you watch Horizon last night?

Apparently there is evidence that the Gulf Stream is weakening, and if its turned off the troipical air that warms britain will no longer come and we'll get Alaska-like winters... i thought it may interest you.

It may even happen within the next 20 years... the result would be a permanent ice sheet off the south coast of England.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rocks
    Did you watch Horizon last night?

Apparently there is evidence that the Gulf Stream is weakening, and if its turned off the troipical air that warms britain will no longer come and we'll get Alaska-like winters... i thought it may interest you.

It may even happen within the next 20 years... the result would be a permanent ice sheet off the south coast of England.
    rocks ...i did start a thread about this year being the coldest for generations ...yes i saw some of it and yes i know about the melting ice possibly turning off the gulf stream ...but i'm not listening anymore ...i'm just not listening!