Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Spot the Difference

Ulrika Jonsson on Stan Collymore, a depressive and alcoholic:
He's a wife-beating bastard who should be in jail.

Ulrika Jonsson on David Gest, a victim of domestic violence:
Liza's behaviour is understandable because she's a vulnerable alcoholic. I could almost slap him myself.

Shurely shome mishtake?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No, it's just the very useful two-faced quality of modern feminism :D

It's great for us girls... we're always right :p
  • Options
    Do you know for sure she said these things?
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    Do you know for sure she said these things?

The first one is a paraphrase, from what she said at the time, the second is not.
  • Options
    Equality -- only exists when women want it to... Then when they don't it becomes preferential, normally to the disadvantage of the guy. Example: supermarket, raining outside, trolleys need brought it, checkout staffs responsibility, mixed sex staff, who goes and gets them in the majority of cases? The guys... And the women moan about how unfairly they get treated?
  • Options
    Re: Spot the Difference
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Shurely shome mishtake?

Nope, and I wouldn't just level that accusation at her either.

Many of the reports about Liza's alledged treatment of him seem to ridicule the idea that she was abusive, but on the basis that looking like that he deserved it.

Makes me sick.

Domestic violence is never acceptable.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Spot the Difference
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Nope, and I wouldn't just level that accusation at her either.

Many of the reports about Liza's alledged treatment of him seem to ridicule the idea that she was abusive, but on the basis that looking like that he deserved it.

Makes me sick.

Domestic violence is never acceptable.

I can`t decide if I`ve read this right. Are you saying on the basis that it looks like he deserved it, or on the basis of his somewhat bizarre appearance?
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheKingOfGlasgow
    Example: supermarket, raining outside, trolleys need brought it, checkout staffs responsibility, mixed sex staff, who goes and gets them in the majority of cases? The guys... And the women moan about how unfairly they get treated?

Couldn't agree more. It's funny how a certain type of female like men to be "old-fashioned", and pay for a meal or a trip to the cinema.

But if the guy even dared to suggest that he wanted his girlfriend to be "old fashioned" and do all the housework, while he sat on his arse watching football, then he would get hell for it.

Not saying either of the above is acceptable, but you get my point. Sexism isn't just one way.

And I agree totally on the Ulrika point. No time for her whatsoever.