Home› General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Premiership weekend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Sat Nov 08 2003
Wolves v Birmingham 12:30
Arsenal v Tottenham 15:00
Aston Villa v Middlesbrough 15:00
Bolton v Southampton 15:00
Charlton v Fulham 15:00
Portsmouth v Leeds United 15:00

Sun Nov 09 2003
Liverpool v Man Utd 13:45
Man City v Leicester City 15:00
Chelsea v Newcastle 16:05

Mon Nov 10 2003
Blackburn v Everton 20:00

Thought I'd make a new thread and see peoples opinions on there clubs games this weekend.

Leeds - Make or break time I think, need to win this game to try and get back on track after the 3 previous difficult games. The next 3 games are so important as to whether we will be playing in the premier next season.

Arsenal v Tottenham - London derby, could be a tough one for Arsenal but the way spurs are playing I think Arsenal will win and stay at the top of the premier.

Liverpool v Man U - Difficult one for you Godscop?? Think this will be a cracking game and will be hard fought by Liverpool at Anfield although I would put my money on Man U for this one, but it will be close.

Chelsea v Newcastle - Another good game, think chelsea will edge it.

Others views etc...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Agree with you about Leeds, if they don't start turning it around now its only going to get harder. They also have to get this Reid/Viduka stuff out of the way, its the last thing a team needs in their situation.

Arsenal will beat Spurs.

Chelsea v Newcastle I think Newcastle might sneak it.

Livershit v United game will be hard fought and could go either way. I hope we stuff the scouse bastards, 13 long years you ****s.
  • Options
    The blue boys are gonna give the Robson's boys a hiding.
    Leeds are in big trouble, although I can't say I feel sorry for them.
  • Options
    My predictions for the winners

Birmingham
    Arsenal
    Boro
    Bolton
    Charlton
    Portsmouth (nothing personal Lick'!)
    Man U
    Man C
    Chelsea
    Blackburn

We (Bristol Rovers) play Bournemouth in the FA cup, hate to say it but an early knockout suits me as I believe the club needs to concentrate on the league.

Good luck all.

btw anyone else on here support Nationwide teams or what?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab

btw anyone else on here support Nationwide teams or what?
    Maybe next year :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss

:wave:
  • Options
    I knew it was bad but in the 6 games Roque Junior has played we've let in 19 goals. He can not handle the premiership. You hear him going on about being a world cup winner :eek2: Brazil have never had the best defence in the world and quite frankly I think I could do a better job then him (I'd only ask for ÂŁ1000 a week aswell). He needs to be dropped and the team re-shuffled if need be and then the mighty whites are back on winning ways, starting this weekend. If I was the manager I'd even consider Batty at centre back.
  • Options
    I've never understood this 'world cup winner' stuff, what the hell does it matter? How many times have we seen a player shine in a world/euro cup so one of Europes big clubs buys him, then he never performs like that again.

Asking a South American to fit into English football is not going to happen in 6 games, it could never happen.
  • Options

who, sheffield united after leeds go out of existance ?
  • Options
    Originally posted by godscop
    I've never understood this 'world cup winner' stuff, what the hell does it matter? How many times have we seen a player shine in a world/euro cup so one of Europes big clubs buys him, then he never performs like that again.

Asking a South American to fit into English football is not going to happen in 6 games, it could never happen.
    It doesn't matter but you'd think (and quite rightly so) he is a world cup winner for Brazil and still plays in the Brazil side and so you would think he was a decent player. He can't defend to save his life, he looks more like a good player when he is going forward which is what he does and then when the ball comes back he is no-where to be seen in the defence. He is big, clumsy and down right useless from what I have seen.
    Olembe the cameroon international has fit in straight away and is having a blinder of a season so far.
  • Options
    Good programme this weekend. I have hardly checked the fixtures since I'll be working both Saturday and Sunday this weekend like a c*nt.

I think Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea will bag their games. We could end up with an interesting three-horse race this season for a change!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Nastroman
    who, sheffield united after leeds go out of existance ?
    Could happen easily if Leeds go down, I'll think about that if it happens but I'm still quietly confident we will stay up. If the games before christmas go well then I think we will be in the premier next season. We've just played Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool, with the side at Leeds at the mo. we will hardly ever win these games and that is what has pushed us to the bottom. We will be out of the bottom 3 after the next 3 games (fingers crossed).
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    I think Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea will bag their games. We could end up with an interesting three-horse race this season for a change!
    Lets hope we do, always good to see a few teams challenging for the title.
  • Options

I'm not so sure, United have already lost two games this season and both Arsenal and Chelsea have failed to capitalize on it. I wouldn't expect us to lose anymore than another two, three at the most.
  • Options
    I'm not so sure, United have already lost two games this season and both Arsenal and Chelsea have failed to capitalize on it. I wouldn't expect us to lose anymore than another two, three at the most.
    Do you think Man U will be out right winners?? Try not to answer as a Man U fan (if you know what I mean).
  • Options
    Do you think Man U will be out right winners?? Try not to answer as a Man U fan (if you know what I mean).

I don't think Arsenal have the bottle to go all the way again, they doubt themselves. Its this Chelsea teams first season, somethings going to go wrong at some stage it'll be intresting to see how they cope when they have a bad patch. I think United will win it, not by a large margin but definate winners, I'd like to see us sign a striker in January, apart from that I'm very happy with the squad we've got.
  • Options
    The Madrid papers are on fire with rumours of RvN going to Madrid in January by the way... You've heard anything?
  • Options
    The Madrid papers are on fire with rumours of RvN going to Madrid in January by the way... You've heard anything?

Perez has been talking to journalists in Spain saying thats the player he wants to buy next summer. Hardly suprising, hes got a record of buying the best, and I can see it happening.

I happen to know a little bit more about what goes on at United as I am related to someone at the club. Ruud was asked in the summer about Madrid and said hes got no intention of going anywhere but we all know how quickly things can change. Hes contracts up for renewal so unless thats sorted in a couple of months I would take that as a sign that hes definately going to Madrid.
  • Options
    Perez has been talking to journalists in Spain saying thats the player he wants to buy next summer. Hardly suprising, hes got a record of buying the best, and I can see it happening.

I happen to know a little bit more about what goes on at United as I am related to someone at the club. Ruud was asked in the summer about Madrid and said hes got no intention of going anywhere but we all know how quickly things can change. Hes contracts up for renewal so unless thats sorted in a couple of months I would take that as a sign that hes definately going to Madrid.
    Can't be doing that I have just transferred him into one of my dream teams.
    Think it will be a massive blow for Man U if RvN leaves and I personally don't think they have anyone there at the moment who could do a job as well as RvN does. if he goes Man U will have to bring in a quality player to fill his boots. I don't think he will leave though, but like you said, you never know. Footballs a funny old game :D
  • Options
    Can't be doing that I have just transferred him into one of my dream teams.
    Think it will be a massive blow for Man U if RvN leaves and I personally don't think they have anyone there at the moment who could do a job as well as RvN does. if he goes Man U will have to bring in a quality player to fill his boots. I don't think he will leave though, but like you said, you never know. Footballs a funny old game :D

I would be devastated if he left. The main problem is that if Real offer a large sum of money the PLC would probably accept it as by law they have to whats best for shareholders and they would love to keep them happy with a nice dividend considering all the takeover rumours. What Fergie would think about it is another question.

If a serious offer was to come in for Ruud then the board will have to look at themselves and the direction of the club. Do they want Manchester United to be truly, the biggest club in the world or not? The biggest and best clubs do not sell their best players, regardless of the money involved.
  • Options
    Money is not exactly a problem at United. In the financial league they surely are the number 1.

At least with Beckham it was clear that both the player and the manager were unhappy. But if Rudd wants to stay and Fergie wants him to stay, the board would be very foolish to let him go.

In any case no club is safe nowadays. Madrid itself has been the victim of several Chel$ki approaches. Makelele has gone, and although Salgado and others have just renewed with Madrid the Chelsea interest has no doubt cost the club extra money for keeping the players at the club.
  • Options
    Some of these people know nothing about football, all they're intrested in is money, which incidently they have bags of and they are always welcome to a bit more.

http://www.shareholdersunited.org/
  • Options
    Oh dear Leeds are in trouble...

I can't wait to see the Arse-Spurs highlights. I understand Postiga missed a couple of sitters when Spurs were 1-0 up...

Poor Tottenham! So close to beating their arch-rivals at Highbury for the first time in ages... :D
  • Options
    Not bad predictions from the fan most ignorant about the Premiership in the country.

As for the big televised game, well done Accrington Stanley!

Lick' my commiserations, keep walking past open windows. It'll be great chatting to you next season.
  • Options
    Not bad predictions from the fan most ignorant about the Premiership in the country.

:lol:

Who are you again?
  • Options

As for the big televised game, well done Accrington Stanley!

Lick' my commiserations, keep walking past open windows. It'll be great chatting to you next season.
    I'm not so optomistic now, this weekend had to have signs of improvement and a much needed 3 points. I believe we will go down now.

I would like to also say well done Accrington Stanley, I got so much abuse on Saturday from my Huddersfield fan mates cos we got thrased by Pompey and it was joy to be in the pub with them and watch them get beat by Stanley. I was pissed off watching it, especially when Liverpool and Scum were on sky but we had to cos of the Huddersfield fans. Was probably one of the shittest games ever to be shown on TV but when Stanley scored it made up for the crap 90minutes I had just watched.
  • Options
    :lol:

Who are you again?

BlackArab

Bristol Rovers fan extraordinaire

Admirer of the mighty Barca

Supreme Pundit

(psst lend us a striker or two, you got loads and I'll sort you out with a couple of Balti Pies)

Now excuse me, have to pop off and see our manager to plan our assault on the Champions League in 2029

You heard it here first ;)
  • Options
    (psst lend us a striker or two, you got loads and I'll sort you out with a couple of Balti Pies)

We have three, ones injured and unless we're talking meat and taty pies here you can sling it. :)
  • Options
    We have three, ones injured and unless we're talking meat and taty pies here you can sling it. :)

Was expecting all the abuse from the Match on Sunday?
    We were the better team but lack the finishing- ie: heskey should of been a binman not a footballer!

Michael Owen short of a win- but hey you won
  • Options
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve
    Was expecting all the abuse from the Match on Sunday?
    We were the better team but lack the finishing- ie: heskey should of been a binman not a footballer!

Michael Owen short of a win- but hey you won

Neither team played well, but these fixtures are never pretty. We deserved to win, although scouse scum had chances in the last ten minutes they did fuck all the rest of the game.

14 years.