Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how many trees can you name?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
not many i'd bet.

Comments

• Options
    tall trees, little trees, medium sized trees, skinny trees, and thick trees.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    A fair few - I'm also pretty nifty and naming grasses too. I used to be an assistant greenkeeper!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    A fair few - I'm also pretty nifty and naming grasses too. I used to be an assistant greenkeeper!
    did you know there are over 9,000types of grass? they keep discovering more!
    if you had toast today you ate grass. if you had eggs ...they would be impossible without grass. beef ...regurgitated grass ...milk, cheese, butter, yoghurt ...all impossible without grass. it makes the walls and roofs of houses ...even used as scaffolding!
    grass is incredible stuff!
    when god finished making the earth i bet he didn't stand back and say ...ooohh ...i haven't over done the green a bit have i?
  • Options
    sad thing is i can actually name quite a few from groups that trees are classified by to naming individual tree types

Yus once again my randomness shinning through

Also im ont on 666 posts anymore :p
  • Options
    oak tree, elm tree, apple tree, pear tree, palm tree, acorn tree oh god im scraping the barrel now :D

fir tree, cherry tree,
    just remembered them :p
  • Options
    i only started this thread out of curiosity as to how many people are aware or even interested in the amazing world/environment we live in.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    did you know there are over 9,000types of grass? they keep discovering more!

No I didn't!

Originally posted by morrocan roll
    grass is incredible stuff!

It's not very exciting when you have cut it, feed it, water it, and cut it some more all day every day!

Sports Turf Mangment was the most boring course I ever studied!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    oak tree, elm tree, apple tree, pear tree, palm tree, acorn tree oh god im scraping the barrel now :D

fir tree, cherry tree,
    just remembered them :p
    xmas tree ...
  • Options
    beech and elder.
  • Options
    i just wonder sometimes wether people are awed any longer ...wonder any more about the environment they inhabit.
    how amazing it all is ...or has the material consumer world of work and pay the bills made the natural world boring.

i often sit here and have a wee dram and a smoke and feel the world turning beneath me like it has done for so long ...the trees and the grass just keep replicating themselves without our help ...
    and then along comes the next gadget.

are people aware any longer of how amazing creation is ...how amazing mankind is and can be ...
  • Options
    Oak, Ash, Pine, Mahogany, Birch, Apple, Yew, Willow, Holly, Pear, Palm, Cherry Blossom, Cherry tree, Chestnut tree, Almond Tree, Aspen, ahhh... that's it for now.