Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Drinking+dancing+over powering mind = remembering every detail

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When i've been out on the piss I get to a certain stage where the urge to dance takes over.

But when I get to this point I feel severely insecure & stupid by having a dance{don't really do dancing}. Then my mind decides to take over & start thinking & I don't totally loose my inhibitions.

Which results in the night being shit for me but may have been good for others. Due to the fact that my over active strong willed mind decides to start recording every single minor details which happened the night before.

Then the morning after I remember everything which happened the night before & cause i'm in a sober state I sort of start to self analyse myself & say to myself why didn't I do this. When I know I want to do it but my strong hold on not making a fool of myself takes over.

Is more bevvies the key or is it a case of lacking self-confidence?

I believe I would pass out before the drunkenness decides to black out my mind enabling me to enjoy the night.

I'd luv to go out on a bender one night & wake up in a safe, unfamiliar place & not remember how I got there :D

.:Crispy:.

Comments

• Options
    I would say a lack of confidence. A lot of people drink to lower their inhibitions, and give them the confidence - or at least remove their sense of embarassment.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    you need to stop over-analysing things and worrying. i used to do that all the time-not because of dancing but other things in my life which i knew i shouldnt have done. i used to cringe and shake my head when i'd think about stuff and i knew it had to stop. so instead i used to physically make an effort to smile/laugh/shrug it off and say 'oh well thats life'.

it all in your head and you're the only one who can sort it out.X
  • Options
    Thats why I like raves, everyone is really friendly, and you never really stand out regardless of what you do.